Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better?

I heard paste is harder and last longer but time consuming.

Liquid is the opposite, a little thiner but fast to towel off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will take the liquid any day as I posted prior. Since most of us will at least wipe down the car after a wash to reduce spotting the liqiud takes no more time than a regular wash. I don't want to be using painters tape as one other owner had tried. Hey the liquid is FOOL PROOF. :D

·
Registered
914 Posts
I wouldn't say FOOL PROOF...I am the biggest fool, because using liquid wax, it still got on the edges of the plastic and discolored it a little, but I found that after awhile, it just dries off and you can dust it away...however, it is pretty bad...

·
Registered
9 Posts
What kind of liquid do you use? I use Maquires Wax as U Dry I spray EVERYTHING even the windows and no wax residue. The stuff works great a big time saver. It is a spray bottle it goes on as a mist, this is not a liqiud paste.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am not sure if it is better or not, but I prefer paste wax. Just old school I guess. I recently used Meguiars High Tech Yellow paste wax with great results. It is harder than, say, Kit or Turtlewax, so I seem to apply a thinner coat. This makes it much easier to buff off as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
paste or liquid will both last about the same for carnuba wax. If you really want it to last long go acrylic. That ain't easy work though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Polish not wax!
Finish First best brand.
Made for new clearcoat paint formulations.
Does not yellow or emulsify.
You build up layers every application, gets glossier, wetter.
Easy application!
[Automated by GetSmile]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Penguin -If you bought the Zymol at Walmart, Pep boys, etc, you bought the "consumer grade" version of the stuff. It does a pretty good job polishing your E. However, it can be a bit difficult to remove if it hasn't dried completely. Make sure you apply it, let it dry and remove it in the shade. Since you have a blue E also, be sure to look for dark areas (especially on the hood) while buffing it out. The dark areas will take a little extra buffing to remove. If the Zymol turns out to be too much work, I highly recommend AUTO GLYM resin polish. I polished my car with it yesterday and it is extremely easy to apply and remove and leaves a shine that will least about 90 days (probably less in the summer due to our 100 deg temps). You can get it online at www.properautocare.com. If you like the Zymol, you can get the "professional grade" stuff there also.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Zaino is the best I have seen. Easy to apply and a fabulous shine. Also, dust does not cling as fiercely.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Zaino is what my brother swears by....but then again most of his cars are worth more than most are willing to pay for a child on the black market (kidding of course).....I actually impressed him when we were home for Easter....I actually was able talk shop with him a bit about cars.....I think he was amazed :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts