Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I couldn't believe it the Peanut butter really does work on the panels. So weird. I had some nasty wax that was not coming off with anything until I tried the peanut butter and wullah it was gone.. Anyone try just plain peanut oil? Might be less messy to work with?

· Registered
474 Posts
I found success with mineral spirits. I tried scrubbing to no avail. The mineral spirits didn't harm the panels in any way. I applied the mineral spirits to the effected area. (extra stubborn stains had the spirits sit about 5 minutes) . I also used a medium brush to scrub the stains. I then washed/flushed these areas with water. The final step was applying panel protectant.

· Registered
227 Posts
I haven't used strait peanut oil, however I have tried vegetable oil in the past without much success. Maybe peanut oil would still work as I'm sure it is the active stain remover in the fix. The spirit idea seems ok, but if you are looking for a chemical-free fix, PB is the way to go. When I used it, the stains came right off with no scrubbing or "soaking" time even with wax stains that were 3 years old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.