Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The silver paint on the engine is starting to bubble and peel in a couple of spots. Has anyone ever touched-up the paint on the engine? I assume that the high temp engine paint would be used. I'm just wondering how the process went for anyone who's done it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you mean the valve cover? The best paint to use to get that "OEM" look is VHT's Wrinkle Plus. You spray it on in thin coats then bake it at ~350* for an hour or so to get the paint to wrinkle. Looks like a K20 valve cover when you're done:

I just had this one not-so-great picture of after I did mine. Be careful not to rub it on anything during the re-install or you might knock some paint off before it completely cures. I was impatient. It holds up strong once it's fully cured, though.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
that looks great!

I might try that next time, just 'cause it looks so good.

I scuffed mine on the metal ring on the P/S hose taking it off for a valve inspection.

The paint was lifted slightly near the "tunnel" for one of the mounting screws.

I redid mine....and it looks exactly like stock.
I cleaned & scuffed it real good and used "High Heat Cast Aluminum"

from Seymoure. Good paint, but most places don't carry it. I don't see the high temp version on their web site either, but I got mine at a swap meet about 4 years ago. It is holding up well after about 50k miles and 3years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts