Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 1874 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
What makes her dealership so special is that she goes for the rock-bottom best price to start with, instead of dickering back and forth and back and forth until both parties reach an agreement.

Make sure y'all tell her I referred you though, please.

And anyone who wants to fly into Hagerstown to buy an Element from Heidi, let me know, and I will come pick you up at the airport myself in my Element and bring you to see her.

Edit: The other reason she can go so low is that there are like 8-12 Elements on her lot and more coming in - she really needs to move them NOW. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Whats the closest airport?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hagerstown! (HGR)

Next closest are Washington National, Washington Dulle (IAD), and BWI in Baltimore.

We'll pick anyone up who flies into Hagerstown and take them over to the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to post and Bump this thread up.

Tell me I'm not getting ripped. :?

I'm closing on a 2006 EXP 5 speed Manual 4WD for $20,050 + tax and license. This includes destination fee and wheel locks. Nothing else. I know the 5speeds are cheaper but a bit hard to find in So Cal right now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nope - you're not getting ripped.
You instead are paying thousands less than the average person walking into a dealership to look at an Element. So, how'd you find what you wanted in So, CA? Let us know when it's all done!

Tess

·
Registered
7 Posts
tomorrow i'm picking up my brand new 2006 EX-P AWD Manual + iPod controller that i'm getting for $20,370 (includes Destination)

think i did ok, mostly internet negotiation with some final haggling for the iPod controller at the dealership :)

Lia Honda in Enfield CT

·
Registered
506 Posts
madvibes said:
tomorrow i'm picking up my brand new 2006 EX-P AWD Manual + iPod controller that i'm getting for $20,370 (includes Destination)

think i did ok, mostly internet negotiation with some final haggling for the iPod controller at the dealership :)

Lia Honda in Enfield CT
So you got out the door for less than 22k.. seems like the entire country is doing 1k better than anything I have seen down here in florida. I am seeing close to 23k out the door. AND they are trying to tell me I am getting an amazing price and that they are taking a loss selling it to me at that price.. It's amazing how much these dealers lie through their teeth.. Good price you got there.
Kalinka

·
Registered
80 Posts
k,
06 EX-P 4wd automatic trans with destination charges...$20,718.93. This DOES NOT include any taxes, doc fees or license fees. Williams Honda in Traverse City Michigan, Bill Long is my rep...very fair! www.williamstc.com
Fly on up, drive her home. They have a Tangerine E just waiting for you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alright kiddos. I'm officially in. Beautiful Silver EX-P MT 4WD E! I lurked big time on this forum and pick up tons of information. Thanks to everyone!

This is my first new car and first car in 10 years. Still can't get over the cavernous backseat compared to my Civic Si.

To answer your question about pricing Tess. I got $20,050+Tax/Title/License. I contacted about 12 internet dealers, and an autobroker. I ended up going with Martha/Natalie at Honda World. Damon at Santa Ana was also great too but Martha/Natalie guaranteed I'd get an E w/out pre-installed accessories. I noticed they had that cranberry red at Honda World too. That's actually really nice. I gave up chasing my 'white whale' of a Nighthawk Black Pearl and went with Silver.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well, ALLLL-RIIIGGHTT, pho'dup!
When do we get pictures of the happy new owner and his ride? What's on tap for your first mod? I hadn't realized this was your first new car! Wooo-eee!
I've had 'em try to talk me into the Silver (we can put you in one today!"), but I'm holding out for the NBP, even if it takes a month. I really like the Silver, it's certainly more practical. You'll spend more time driving, while I'm maintaining my finish.:twisted: Argh. Don't tempt me. The NBP is what thrills me.

Have fun!
Tess
[Cautionary note- 'new car smell' is off-gassing of nasties from upholstery and plastics, but at least the E doesn't have carpet, the worst offender. Park it in the garage with the windows open as much as possible. JMNSHO]

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, I'm happy to finally have my "E" after spending much time here and asking questions, and deciding on color - which took a while! I paid $19,128 for my '06 EX AWD Atomic 5speed MT. The blue is great with the black panels. Adding destination fee the total was $19,678. This was an internet/phone deal from Ocean Honda in Santa Cruz Ca. An absolute pleasure doing business with Neil Fox. the internet manager, a straighforward, pleasant, good guy. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Congratulations!
Thanks for the complete report (erm, except for the obligatory picture, but we'll give you 24 hours to cough that up :-D ) with price, dealership and contact person. Good on ya!
Gonna drive down the coast for an hour or two this afternoon/evening?

Tess

·
Registered
508 Posts
awoup said:
2005 EX AWD AT
Bought 12/30/05
Westboro, MA
16 miles
$19800 ($550 Destination Charge Included)
No options (but I've added many since then)
Getting closer to my home for useful data regarding purchase. Could you provide dearlership? Any info on EX-P availability? Thanks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Taking delivery on my new 06 EX 4WD MT Atomic Blue E on Saturday!
$19,978 +TTT
Can't wait!:grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
So what's the best price these days?

I'd like to know what the best prices are for these 2006 models. These are the ones of interest to me... if you happen to have any particular info about the lowest dealers are going on these, I'm all ears (or eyes). I might just request the mud flaps as the only option.

I just met someone who works closely with the owner of the dealership in my town, and can probably get me a great deal. But first, I want to know what a "great deal" really is!

EX-P, AWD, Auto

EX, AWD, auto

EX, FWD, auto

Thanks,
Kelton

·
Registered
44 Posts
06 lx rallye red automatic all wheel drive 18,800 no doc no destination, buying a car is rally easy just look for th invoice on edmonds or kelly they will tell you the invoice on the car you are looking for.once you have that minus a 500$ dollers which dealrs usually have as holdback and your good to go. And oh ya never pay a doc fee its just B.S just remember most import cars only have a couple of thousand of dollars off sticker price not that much room to barter on new cars trust me I used to sell the stupid things. good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a new Atomic Blue 4WD Automatic EXP at Marin, Honda in Northern California for $20,600.00 including destination.

Also got a $1000.00 more for my trade in than my research estimate so all in all I think it was a great deal :grin:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: So what's the best price these days?

kelt36 said:
I'd like to know what the best prices are for these 2006 models. These are the ones of interest to me... if you happen to have any particular info about the lowest dealers are going on these, I'm all ears (or eyes). I might just request the mud flaps as the only option.

I just met someone who works closely with the owner of the dealership in my town, and can probably get me a great deal. But first, I want to know what a "great deal" really is!

EX-P, AWD, Auto

EX, AWD, auto

EX, FWD, auto

Thanks,
Kelton

So far the best price I've seen for an EXP was the price I got on my EXP AWD Auto from Hagerstown Honda. I posted earlier in this thread with what I got (something along the lines of $19,671 + destination & TTL, give or take). Keep in mind that Hagerstown Honda is a high-volume dealership that has a pile of E's that don't really seem to be selling well.

I haven't seen anyone else with the deal I got, but if you email [email protected] let her know I sent you.

It would also help if you'd fill in your profile, at least the location part. Different areas of the country are averaging different prices. :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I got 18,700 on a 2WD EX-P (+ 500. Dest + TTL) in Dallas TX. Total deal with installed accessories (see siggy) & dest was 21K (+TTL).
We had to deal with the Mgr of the dealership to get this price - with some leverage from a sister dealership where we were doing another deal. Also by this point I was just so sick of the BS I was ready to explode. I had to nearly sign my life away to take the car for 24 hours.
I must go respond to Kalinka - WE insisted on taking the E for 24 hours before we signed anything - due to a holiday and SUN closed we had the car for close to 48. The idea that you can't take even a short test drive is just WRONG! They should be willing to hand you the keys (with proper ID and insurance) if they expect you to buy.
Anyway - good deals ARE out there!

41 - 60 of 1874 Posts