Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to ask a favor of anyone who owns a 2004 Honda Element EX that still has its factory-installed windshield.

Would you kindly take a photo of that seal and post it back here?

Recently Safelite Auto Glass replaced my OEM windshield. When they did it they installed a seal on the top edge of the windshield that appears to have some kind of drip-edge. I suppose the drip-edge is there to keep water from rolling off the roof and onto the windshield. The problem is this drip edge catches air at about 45 mph and starts making a sound like flute!

Safelite is coming back out to look at the problem tomorrow and I'd like to show them what the factory-installed seal looks like.

I'm attaching an image of that they installed. I don't recall the original seal to have any kind of drip-edge.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. Thanks!

My original windshield was cracked and I had it replaced by Safelite. The initial serviceperson who replaced the glass didn't recess the rubber molding around the windshield enough. As a result, any time I drove above 45mph the wind across the top edge of the windshield would create a resonance as it flowed over the car. Basically, it turned my Element into a giant flute!

I called Safelite back and they re-seated the windshield so that the rubber molding was more recessed. This successfully dealt with the noise issue.

Thanks for following up!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts