Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fantastic dealership experience. just like my last E in '04.

it's amazing how fresh this thing is....build date is 03/10....built 26 miles from my house! (but why do I have to pay $710 delivery charge just like someone from California??)

Played with the navi/XM/iPod control system extensively...wow, what a fantastic system...very glad I went through all the pain of finding one equipped with it.

Very nice upgrades to the E since I last had one 6 years ago...

the last 3 years were the only time since I started driving that there was not at least one Honda in the family...it's great to be back in the fold!

Jeff

·
Registered
64 Posts
Glad to here you like your new E. I would like to have one with Nav. but I could never swing the price of a new car. I am lucky to have my 07 Element. That transportation fee has always been a sticking point with me. I work at a GMC dealer in Dayton, Ohio, and the GMC Envoy was built at the GM truck plant less than three miles from the dealership but we could never just go to the plant and pickup our vehicles. Even if it was a sold ordered vehicle, it would have to set in the shipping yard, sometimes up to two weeks before it was loaded up and transported the three miles. Years ago the truck drivers would grab a buddy and just drive the vehicle over from the shipping yard, but that $700.00 charge still was on the sticker and invoice of the vehicle. We were told that it was a union rule that you had to pay the shipper even if it wasn't shipped. Well does not matter now the Envoy is gone and the truck plant has been closed since December 2008. At one time we had 5 or 6 GM plants in this town with 20,000 to 25,000 workers, now all gone. Not alot of people are buying new cars in this area.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi picturetaker.

I lived in Dayton for 8 years in Huber Heights...sad, sad thing about the Moraine and other plants....they even made a documentary for HBO about the last truck to roll off the line....

Interesting what you said about the guys driving the vehicle over, and but still applying the destination fee!

I worked for Lexis/Nexis and at Wright Patt. when I was down there....

take care..

·
Registered
68 Posts
The destination charges would be different if each dealer paid actual charges to their location thus making one dealers product cheaper than anothers. To make it fair for all dealers the destination charges are averaged so all dealers pay the same amount.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The destination charges would be different if each dealer paid actual charges to their location thus making one dealers product cheaper than anothers. To make it fair for all dealers the destination charges are averaged so all dealers pay the same amount.
hey, I'm happy to help subsidize the shipping charges for all of my far-flung E compatriots!! :grin:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks great! I love the orange. It was gonna be my second choice if I couldn't get one in black. Congratulations!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just picked mine up this Monday, two days ago! My first E, and my first NEW car! So far I LOVE it. I'm totally psyched.
same as me :D!

congrats!! i know i can't wait until nicer weather to take mine camping! tomorrow is my birthday and i'm heading out to montauk for a beach / sunrise run with it!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I just picked mine up this Monday, two days ago! My first E, and my first NEW car! So far I LOVE it. I'm totally psyched.
Welcome to the cult! Please post pictures (lots) of your pitbull on the Dog thread! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
same as me :D!

congrats!! i know i can't wait until nicer weather to take mine camping! tomorrow is my birthday and i'm heading out to montauk for a beach / sunrise run with it!
Happy B-day and enjoy the camping! :eoc:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts