Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked this up yesterday moving under 15mph in a neighborhood.

Just what I wanted in a brand new tire! We've had the E under 30days & this Sumitomo(sp) LHS just cost us $180 mounted and balanced... :|

·
Registered
512 Posts
So I picked this up yesterday moving under 15mph in a neighborhood.

Just what I wanted in a brand new tire! We've had the E under 30days & this Sumitomo(sp) LHS just cost us $180 mounted and balanced... :|
That sucks!!! did you have roadside coverage on the tire? My wife had a pair of Klien pliers jump up from the freeway into between the grill and hood... thank goodness it didn't go through the grill.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
What is it, a person's finger or a cigar butt ?:lol:

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
My wife had a pair of Klien pliers jump up from the freeway into between the grill and hood... thank goodness it didn't go through the grill.
Once had a 3 foot long piece of rebar bounce off a truck on front of me on the interstate go javelin-style through the grill, radiator, and a/c condenser of my Volvo Turbowagon. The water pump stopped it.

I was happy it wasn't about 1 foot higher at windshield height!!!!

Okay, back on topic.

Even if a tire place tells you that they can repair that, I would never trust it. Buy a new tire and be done with it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Once had a 3 foot long piece of rebar bounce off a truck on front of me on the interstate go javelin-style through the grill, radiator, and a/c condenser of my Volvo Turbowagon. The water pump stopped it.

I was happy it wasn't about 1 foot higher at windshield height!!!!
A few yrs back in Miami a lady and her daughter where driving on the I95 and piece of re-barb went through the windshield and pinned her daughter to the seat... it missed her heart by inches. Pretty crazy whats on the highways. I live in LA now and they never clean the freeways, once I almost ran into a tire and axle sitting in the middle of the diamond lane as I was coming around the curve on the 210 freeway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts