Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Elements, but far from new to cars and the online forums. I'll be picking up a Galapagos Green '03 EX AWD tomorrow so I plan on spending a lot of time researching (and $) on the forums.

The Element will be about the 7th Honda I've owned so far, never had a Honda SUV though yet!

Greetings!

·
Registered
873 Posts
be carefull where and how you pick it up . these thing have a lot of plastic on the outside and if you try to pick it up by the plastic you might break it:shock:so you might just want to get in and drive it:razz: welcome to the funnypharm/nut house/assillem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Happy Owner of an 05 GGM

Best of luck with your GGM E. We are having a great time with our 05 EX. Welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I'll post pics once I clean her up

Any suggestions on how to transport an '07 Honda CBR600RR to Florida? I don't want to have it shipped, renting a trailer is ~$700 one way, and my back definitely won't make the 20hr ride on a sport bike. Even if I could stuff it inside the Element I need to storage space for other things

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome!

I recently bought an 05 EX. Most fun with a car I have had in a long time. This forum will add to your enjoyment. Take time to read the posts of others before dealing with any minor glitches or problems, as there are so many answers/solutions on here. Prepare to smile. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Actually you should just be careful of Marksbug:grin:
-----:lol:----------:lol:-----------:lol:-----------:lol:------------:lol:------------:lol:-----
Thanks everyone! I'll post pics once I clean her up

Any suggestions on how to transport an '07 Honda CBR600RR to Florida? I don't want to have it shipped, renting a trailer is ~$700 one way, and my back definitely won't make the 20hr ride on a sport bike. Even if I could stuff it inside the Element I need to storage space for other things
How about a P.O.D./S.A.M. type of cargo container...? United/Mayflower and ABF Freight Lines have those metal containers too... You load it, they pick it up, deliver it, and you unload it... I'm sure you can use the web to figure out which is the best of the bunch but that's my humble suggestion... Good luck and welcome...! May she provide you many years of service and enjoyment...!

Or, bring the bike in the E and then mail everything else if it isn't too much stuff...

Looking forward to those pics...! Congrats...!

LBD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Pictures are posted below. First a little background... after having looked at several Elements in the surrounding area over the past few weeks, I was starting to lose hope that I'd find a decent-running, well-maintained and well-kept Element. It took some time but I finally tracked down an Element three hours away that was a single-owner car and has been dealer-maintained it's entire life. It's about to break 100k miles, hopefully there's at least another 100k in this Element :)

NYC

Lincoln Tunnel

Empire State Building

Victoria's Secret Advertisement :) A tad suggestive but appreciated nonetheless

Queens/Midtown Tunnel

No pics of the return trip but I did get a chance to clean it up and take pics this morning. Enjoy!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to the 4um. She looks great. I'm always impressed how well E's clean up.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
May she give you many more years of service and enjoyment for the rest of her life...!!! She's EASILY got another 100-200 K still left in her...!

Congrats...!

LBD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts