Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this group; just wanted to invite myself to the legion of E owners. I will pick up my new E tonight and I am very excited! My E is a georgeous Sunset Orange Pearl EX.

Mine is an interesting story. I went into the dealer last Saturday because my wife and I we're curious about the E. We had no intentions of buying; we we're just looking ;-). We test drove it and since then I haven't been able to stop thinking about it! It was like I found the perfect vehicle that fills all the voids of my current arrangement and gives much more in terms of excitement.

I own a Dodge Dakota right now which I bought last Summer. Lately, I have been realizing that the pickup just isn't "me" and doesn't fit my lifestyle, which inludes having a large dog, kayak, and mountain bike. I used to own an Expedition and loved the "utility" of it but didn't like the quality, price, or gas mileage.

I have looked at the gazillion or so SUVs/crossovers on the market but none have really inspired me, except for the E. I think I saw twice before test driving and each time I thought: wow, what was that!

With the E, I am amazed at how flexible the interior is and how stunning the exterior looks. With a large dog, I can easily and quickly clean the shed hair and mud. Same goes for the mountain bike. I REALLY llike the stereo, especially the ability to hook up MP3 (i'm thinking iPod). It's disappointing more car makers aren't jumping on the MP3 bandwagon.

I can go on more... Can you tell I'm excited?!

So anyways, I gave it another test drive today. I took it home to my wife who also test drove it again. She likes it so much, she would consider driving it instead of her Volvo XC! Hows that for Fahrvergnuegen! I was sold and gave the dealer the go-ahead today. They said my baby will be ready tonight.

I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences. Thanks to all who have posted wonderful information that made my decision easy. And thanks to Honda for breathing fresh air into the auto world with so many "me too" SUV/crossover vehicles on the market.

-Droidian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, the real story on his buying this new E. I knew he was unhappy with the truck. When we drove past the dealership a week ago, he yelled "look at that car". So on Saturday morning I told him (emphasis on the I part :lol: ), lets go test drive it for the fun of it - big mistake! He just called me this afternoon (Monday) to tell me he just signed on the dotted line for it and picks it up tonight! God help me, he won't stop sending me instant messages about it! Hey, on the plus side of him getting this vehicle, at least he will stop talking about buying the Viper this Spring - right honey!

Yes, I would seriously consider dumping the Volvo XC for an E. But first they have to come out with a nice yellow and it has to have more power under the hood.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
More power :?: It has almost as much power as a v6 dodge (170) Passing is a breeze in the Element. My dodge was 230hp and I don't miss it. Unless you do construction or towing, 160hp is enough.

·
Registered
71 Posts
good luck with your new e...the ipod is a total rip off...over priced....try athe archos jukebox mp3 player....more harddrive space, and costs half....just my 2 cents

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll look into archos. I thought the ipod was a little pricey too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Too Funny....a Droid.......and a Babe! Enjoy!! Every mile is a treat.
My 2 cents for sounds is XM. Every genre is there for you. It is the "heartbeat" of my E.
regards/noel
47Ag107 8)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Are you insane my man. The ipod is sweet! Dont be an Apple hater. It is an engineering marvel. Easy to use, highly portable, great battery, FIREWIRE (try downloading 20 gigs with USB 1)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay...this is turning into a thread on the MP# of choice and the only choice is the Creative Labs Nomad 3-20GB and 22 hours of battery life with the second battery...plus i took back tha archos for the nomad and there is no comparison...the nomad wins...plus it 200 cheaper than the 20GB iPod

·
Registered
206 Posts
The interface, ease of use of an ipod is awesome! Cant be beat. Try to stuff that nomad in your pocket....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts