Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know the E gets a strong reaction from most people and my little story illustrates the point. I bought our E (2WD EX, black) from a dealer about 50 miles from where I live. I kept the purchase a secret from my wife (no, I don't want to talk about that) so I had to figure out a way to get the car home without blowing my cover. I enlisted the help of a friend to give me ride to the dealer so I could drive the E home.

So there I am riding in my friend's car heading to the dealer to pick up my new toy. I'm excited. I hadn't yet told my friend exactly what car dealer we were headed to nor what car I had purchased.

We were just under way when we came up behind an E dressed in GG. I look at it approvingly. My friend blurts out "Man, that's gotta be the butt-ugliest car I have ever seen! .....Hey, what kinda car did you just buy anyway?"

I start to laugh. He looks at me. The realization begins to dawn. "No! You're not serious! Oh, man!" He felt awful. I thought it was hilarious.

We've put less than 200 miles on our E but I've already been stopped at a light and quizzed by another driver - "Cool! What is it? How much?" etc. I had a couple middle-aged ladies gush "Oooh Look at that! It's so cute!" And one guy gave me the quintessential Element question "What the hell IS that thing?"

K

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cool. Great story!

Can't wait to hear the wife's reaction! Pray tell...

:p :twisted: :D

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts