Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed, only took about 20 min. I took my time to make sure I did not overtigthen the screws. I also used a 9mm socket to lightly secure the lock screw. It was just slightly tighter than using my hand. Can you tell if the foglights are real or not?

DJ-Hype
Atlanta, GA

·
Registered
447 Posts
Another windshield banner tint member, too! :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
S'funny..............I got the same looking foglights myself..... 8) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had them, too but I just replaced them with the $20 Walmart fogs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I notice that there seem to be two groups of responses to installation of their Cloudrider screens. Some post that it was easy and takes a short time, while others say that it is difficult and takes more time. It was easy for me to insert the clips through the original plastic screen and tighten them, but reaching inside to put the locknuts on was almost impossible. Are others not using the lock nuts, or are my hands just to big to fit? Thanks for the advice. joel

·
Registered
894 Posts
I posted a message before about this. For the top locknuts, remove the cover that sits over the radiator. Then you can get done to the radiator just fine.

Because I was not thrilled about the fit of the top, I also added a rubber washer and a metal washer so that the fitting could not slip through easily.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Isketerol, Thanks, I think I rememeber your point about rubber washers. I did remove the upper cover and the upper grill was easy. My problem was the lower grill. I could not reach the lower grill bolts from the top. I loosened but did not remove the "bottom cover" section of the front end and tried to reach in with a socket to tighten the lock nuts, but I just couldn't get my hand in to a position where I could tighten the lock nuts. joel

·
Registered
894 Posts
Oh, okay. The lower ones I just tightened finger tight from the outside. I have placed the locking nuts on the bolts already. I was happy with the mounting hardware that was provided. I could not see any easy way of getting at the nuts either.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks, that's exactly what I did,b but it bothers me that the lock nuts are not finished. I was looking at a ratchet wrench where you twist the hande to rotate the socket. Perhps I'll give it a try. joel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts