Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL!

The wife and I took a little drive to bear mountain. It's only a half an hour away. I took several shots of the site. It was raining pretty hard today so please excuse my pics. I couldn't get any info of the lodging because everything was pretty much closed beacuse of the rain. Please refer to this link to the website for info on camping.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/nysparks/parks.cgi?p+123

I'm telling you this place is HUGE. The silvermine area is just for picnicking for what I can tell. Lots of rules though. No campfires, no swimming blah blah blah you get the idea. I drove past silvermine and its all woods baby. If you have kids make sure they stay close to the site, it's easy to lose them up here. As far as camping. It's probably in a different location. Like I said it was raining, I couldn't go hiking into the woods. Anyway LOT'S of scenery. I took a panoramic from the mountain of the hudson. Even though it was foggy it looks real cool. Make sure you bring everything you need. There are stores about 20 miles from the mountain. It's actually where I live. It's very easy to get to the mountain and to my town, so don't panic but bring a map. Here are the pics:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great pics! Love the weather too! That looks a LOT like a place the exact opposite side of the country from you, the Columbia River Gorge!

Sigh..I live in So. Cal now, but grew up on the Gorge..how I miss a good "dumping" of rain.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That day the weather was terrible. It rained then the sun came out. Then it poured and then the sun came out. Then it rained, lightning and the sun was out together and I wasn't doing drugs. :lol:

Don't miss the rain too much it rained all weekend till today. It was a great day to take pictures though

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! The meet is this saturday so I'll plenty of pictures as long as the hurricane doesn't hit.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like the panoramic picture! Here's one of a pasture near where I live...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You live in a cartoon world alien. :p . Nice job.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Truth be told, the pasture is real, while the Element is not. Well, it is a real Element, but it wasn't in the pasture!

The photo(s) were taken around 6pm with the sun beginning to set as a storm was rolling in from the west. These clouds were just ahead of the darker skies that were to come only an hour or so later. The colors are a little over-saturated, I know, but it makes for a real eye-popping image! The 4 pictures were stitched together with Panorama Factory 3.0 (there was a fifth photo that refused to align, so I dropped it).

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay iI got it. My camera has a feature in the software to stitch the images I want together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts