Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EX AWD with dark blue to light blue faded flames and 5% limo window tint, DVD with TV tuner, wireless head phones, 5.6" LCD up front and 7" LCD for the rear! It also Playes throught the stock radio on AUX.. Oh Yeah almost forgot thew Foglights, Not hondas $200.00 plus ones, but wal-marts $19.95 that mount up to the same screw holes as the factory ones!!!!

To see more click here-->http://ashoppingspot.com/images/images.htm

·
Registered
89 Posts
Interesting stuff you have added I must say...for me, I am more interested in the Fogs....tell me more please...Looks Great! EE

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are a new brand that wal-mart just started carrying they have a mounting bracket that has two vertical slots if you put a screw through one slot in to the factory screw hole then just to the inside of the other slot drill a small hole to line up for the second factory screw hole. and I just ran the wireing up to the factory parking lights since my wife usually forgets to turn the fog lights on and off anyway!!!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Awesome - I want to know more about the DVD player and screens !

:p

ORANGEE

·
Registered
82 Posts
Please post your parts list for the Dvd setup and where you got everything. I have been looking at www.partsexpress.com for stuff but haven't decided on anything. Looks great.

I might have to install the fog lights without the wires at first just to get rid of the stupid empty holes.

Nice job,
CK

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dvd players is a Boss audio dvd2000t(now is model# dvd2800t) about $125-$150 LCD screens, the 5.6 is a Tecview that I bought locally to save on S&h for $130.00 The 7" is from power accustic It cost me $259.00 the wireless headphones are also fro Boss audio they came with a transmitter and two head sets and cost me $65.00 Other parts consist of a video distribution/amplifier and a 12volt to 9 volt converter to power it that I bought at radio shack and it has one set of a/v inputs with 4 set of a/v outputs both together were about $60.00... I found that you can connect the line level output(audio rca output) from the dvd player direcctly to the AUX input on the stock radio. there are five wire on the back of the plug I forget the wire color code but they are Left+, Right+, common ground, and they last two if you connect them together this will ingage the AUX input on the radio, no need to disconnect them becuase you just have to push the FM, AM, DISC button to switch it off! all parts except the ones that came from radio shack and the 5.6 LCD came from The Wholesale House they are a wholesale distibutor they are on the inter net but only do sale over the phone and you have to have a Tax ID.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have to plead ignorance on this one, so help me out. :oops: Did your E come with the recess in th eroof or is it a do it yourself thing? I've got 2 kids and would like to keep them quiet on the way to the Keys with the DVD setup.
Help... :?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
recess? the screen mounted to the factory screw holes that hold in the dome light the dvd player is mounted in the over hear console

·
Registered
53 Posts
Medic,

I'm like a deer, I just don't look up too often. Oh yeah, my wife spends most of the time in the Element. Thanks
:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
medic4lee,

Do you have the model of the Wal-Marts Fog Lights or at least the manufacturer ? I was there yesterday and saw a set of Fog Lights with a blue border around. I was wondering if they are the same, price was around $39.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will check on the name of them tonight.. the one that are $39.00 are the old style the new ones are in a box with gold coloring on it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
[quote:a7adfe61cb="medic4lee"]recess? the screen mounted to the factory screw holes that hold in the dome light the dvd player is mounted in the over hear console[/quote:a7adfe61cb]

medic4lee:

So do you no longer have a dome light?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm really interested in the foglights. How easy was it to mount them? What about the "caps" that are in place of where the foglights go, how'd you get them off...?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Diel: I do have a dome light the LCD has one built in that is still connected to the factory dome light wiring,,,Mat: I used a dremil tool to cut out the holes following the line of the inner most circle this left the factory mounting holes intact which allowed me to screw the fog light mounting bracket into the factory holes!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the burner series lights on that site I believe is the name of them but I dont see the same ones I used maybe they were made just for walmart but again I do believe that they were Burners I will be going to walmart tommarrow and I will find out for sure,,,, I will say that those wireless remote ones on that site are pretty neat though!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think that the ones I saw today where also the Burner series. They came in kind of a yellow package. I couldn't find them in the Optronics website. You said that there are no modifications necessary for them to fit in the Element ?? I opened the box and they have a metal bracket.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts