Honda Element Owners Club banner

pictures of my brake fluid at 72k miles

1154 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  psschmied
i just flushed out my brake fluid this weekend,,,wow was is real dirty,,it was so easy to flush it to..it took me an hour,,i used 3 bottles of honda fluid,,12oz bottles..here are some pictures of my old fluid..i advise anyone who has not done this to do it,,,it also brought my pedal up ,,,,

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Ewww, that's pretty knarly. I don't remember my fluid looking that dark the first time I flushed. Glad the job went well, Big.
That's why it should be done every 3 years regardless of mileage.
That's why it should be done every 3 years regardless of mileage.
rick..i agree...iam going to do it every 2 years..it was so easy ( well for me.i wasn't pumping the pedal for an hour) lol..
rick..i agree...iam going to do it every 2 years..it was so easy ( well for me.i wasn't pumping the pedal for an hour) lol..
I did mine at 40K and yes I was the pedal pumper. I swear one of my leg is shorter than the other now. I should have counted, but the initial right rear (longest tubing) of my fluid change seemed like it took 20 gajillion pumps! :razz:
It's easier and faster if you use a kit with a vacuum pump to suck the fluid out at each wheel. (approx $25 at Harbor Freight, $30 through EBay)

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.