Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't seen anything about this so I thought I would post. I put a tape pinstripe on my E! about an inch below the window line and it looks great. I haven't seen any E!s with pin stripes yet. Anyone else seen any?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, I saw one pinstriped that way and it looked great. My E is supposed to arrive in the next 2 weeks or so. First task is to get that pin stripe done. I am getting a SMM and figure on a black pin stripe.

·
Registered
894 Posts
To make the plaintive cry once again, "Don't just talk about it - show it!!" :D Pictures please. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Pinstripes!! How Quaint!! I put FLAMES on mine!! Check out the Image Gallery under "GerBrassfield's Element....spotlight, flames and more!"

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Pinstripes are far to preppy for me! I think I will get press on Penguins!!!! Anyone know where I can get them????

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Pinstripes are far to preppy for me! I think I will get press on Penguins!!!! Anyone know where I can get them????
I get all my penguins from Antartica, but you have to mash 'em really hard to get 'em to stick. You might want to try a Puffin...Kinda like penguins but smaller. :?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You might want to try a Puffin...Kinda like penguins but smaller.
Bite your tongue Dan!!!!! There is NOTHING that is even close to replacing my beloved penguins :)

Also Penguins and Puffins are "cousins" that simply reside in different hemispheres. While living in Alaska I was able to go see Puffins in their natural habitat....awesome!! I wish I could go live in Antartica or New Zealand so that I could go see Penguins in their natural habitat.

But since I live in St. Louis I will just have to settle for the new Penguin and Puffin exhibit at the St. Louis Zoo....it was pure torture for the last year since we moved here from Lincoln Park in Chicago.....because we were so close to the Lincoln Park Zoo we would practically go visit the penguins everyday.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine came with pin stripes that have the Honda "H" at each end. They are painted on and VERY well done. I thought this was standard as there was no additional charge for it (so unlike Honda).

The sales guy told me that it had been previously striped with red and blue with lots of curly queues but the staff voted it down and had it redone in blue to complement the silver exterior/blue interior combination.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My E also came with pinstripes. There was no charge for them because I didn't ask for them, and since it was just about the only SOP 5spd EX AWD in about 8 states, neither the dealer or myself were too picky about them already being on.

She's SOP & stripes are black...I think they look pretty sweet....

Christine

·
Registered
25 Posts
My SOP also has pinstripes. And I also got them for free. The dealer had tried to sweeten the deal by throwing them in with a couple other things during the negotiation. I told him I would rather pass on them and subtract the cost from his offer. He agreed and I signed. When I picked it up, I paid what we had agreed to, and it had pinstripes! (plus the other stuff)

They're a dark grey and match the color scheme very well. I didn't think I'd want them, but now that I have them (and didn't pay anything!) I'm quite happy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also have pinstripes from the dealer. All the Elements on the lot had them. During the sale I told them I didn't want any of their appearance options. I got it for $800 under sticker, so I guess I didn't pay for them.

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:0a7a8d094f="Kayakin' Dan"]
I get all my penguins from Antartica, but you have to mash 'em really hard to get 'em to stick. You might want to try a Puffin...Kinda like penguins but smaller. :?[/quote:0a7a8d094f]

We got penguins here, but they already have a job performing...

·
Registered
90 Posts
My dealer put one on my E prior to my picking it up - it looks nice even though I am not a huge fan of pin stripes. I saw one with the Honda H on it- looked cool

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Sop arrived with a double pin stripe.One grey flat line just above a silver one. It was so not what I was expecting i had them removed. Probably any other color (ie:black) would have been fine but the gray was drab and I was already nervous about the orange color. I just spent so much time eating up photos of E's while waiting for my own that when it didnt look like the pictures I freaked. i actually thought they were reselling someone's car because I couldnt beleive the dealer would take such a liberty. I think that kind of decoration is personal like a tattoo.The chances of the dealer guy knowing what looks good...to me seems unlikely.
Stripes came off in minutes at the dealer and you cant see a thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, total car newbie, is there a website where i can see all the styles of pinstripes? if theree are different styles of pinstripes?!?!? TIA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts