Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about ready to convert over to an HTC Droid Incredible from my iPhone and I was wondering if anyone has tried connecting a droid phone to a Pioneer head unit via USB and how much functionality you get. Does the head unit get audio from the USB? Or is it just for charging? I'd be happy with just getting audio through USB but I know right now the iPod interface cable has the separate 3.5mm jack that plugs into the HU. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Droid Incredible compatability?

Didn't those just come out within the last week or so?
I was just looking at them yesterday, Verizon stores in the Bay Area are sold out. Ordering one on Monday, pretty slick.
Josh

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Playing with the droid!

Have you seen the sights for your Droid?:grin:

Look at post #57 in This thread!

Dom

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's a pretty damn amazing phone. The specs make the iphone look like a kids toy. Plus you can root it (hack it) and pretty much install whatever you want on it. I can't wait.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the 3100dvd and I use the front usb to charge my phone the use the aux input to stream pandora. I have not yet tried using the memory yet, but I do not put mp3's on my phone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you have mp3 or wma files (im not sure about the itunes files) stored on the phone it should play them. I had one hooked up to a blackberry and it just uses it as a drive to play files from.

I have pandora on my blackberry and it only streams it through bluetooth, i assume the droid would be the same.

Maybe there are droid apps to support more functionality?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a phone thing but a HU thing. It mounts the phone as a storage device via USB and can stream via BT. So now I gotta find some cash for a BT module for the Pioneer.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
So far, the compatability with my Droid (not the HTC Incredible) and my Pioneer BT (AVIC-D3) has been very sketchy. I can not push phone contacts or anything. I was streaming Slacker Radio at one point, but for some reason, it was also streaming music from a game that I have loaded onto the phone at the same time. I haven't messed with it much since then. The thing that bums me out....the HTC phone came out 33 days after I got my Droid and I had a 30 day return window :| I have had my hands on the Incrdible and it is FAST!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I pretty much can't wait till tomorrow when my Incredible comes in. The thing is just soooo cool. The droids make the iphone seem silly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts