1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have the 3100.... there's not much difference between the two. I love the unit. the sound is great and the user interface is easy to use. Plus, it looks REALLY good in the element. I would say pull the trigger

·
Registered
100 Posts
I say get it it looks awesome. I was checkin them out and they look pretty sweet but I ended up going with the avh-p4000dvd cause I found it for such a deal. Got mine for 319 shipped with wire harness and dash kit for free. It's getting installed tomorrow. What price did you find the p4100dvd for?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this unit. I'm about ready to pull the trigger but just wanted some feedback. I've heard mostly good things about this except that it doesn't playback video from the 3G Iphone (booo!!!) but other than that its great.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P4100DVD
I have the same HU and I was pretty satisfied, I don’t have the 3G but IPOD touch movie I download using the HU control or the IPOD works for me, I know this cause my children do playback a lot, drives me crazy some times. I got mine when it first came out for 450 bones, installed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
P3100dvd

I'd really like to install the p3100DVD. Do you think i should attempt it myself or take it to the stereo shop? Im pretty sure i could do everything, except I'm not sure on how to connect it to the E Brake. Anybody know how to connect it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I say get it it looks awesome. I was checkin them out and they look pretty sweet but I ended up going with the avh-p4000dvd cause I found it for such a deal. Got mine for 319 shipped with wire harness and dash kit for free. It's getting installed tomorrow. What price did you find the p4100dvd for?
$394 shipped. No kit or harness. Though I don't really need the harness. I'm really hoping it will play video thru the iphone but I guess I could always get my 30gb ipod video for movies.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same HU and I was pretty satisfied, I don’t have the 3G but IPOD touch movie I download using the HU control or the IPOD works for me, I know this cause my children do playback a lot, drives me crazy some times. I got mine when it first came out for 450 bones, installed.
could you elaborate on "Pretty Satisfied"? I sense some dissatisfaction.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trigger has been pulled! I ordered this unit for $394 shipped and the iPod/iPhone cable. Can't wait!!! I'll post a review after its in.

·
Registered
834 Posts
could you elaborate on "Pretty Satisfied"? I sense some dissatisfaction.
Okay, my satisfaction in comparison from the Factory HU, RCA's connection for the AMPS and Extra TV monitor, my 2 seaprate V12 Alphine now directly connected to the HU, BT and Bluetooth Capability control, Memory Stick and addition to your Music Piles, got the 6.5 infinity's (4) 10" Head TV Monitor (it's all the Kids needs) and the JBL Sub tubular, i don't have the back up camera yet, i don't see a need for that, hopes this helps you a bit.

Looks like you got your HU unit already, Congrats! Have Fun and enjoy the new Toy ;-)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another question for ya:

When you connect and iPod/iPhone does it say Device Attached (or something like that?).

What I'm getting at is, when you connect to the head unit does it prevent control from the front of the iPod? Reason being, I don't want to lose my Pandora Radio on my iPhone. Hopefully there's a way to control the music from the iPod as well.

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep i'll prolly add that just as soon as I can. I really wish these HU's would just come with HD radio ffs! Oh well.

·
Registered
834 Posts
yep i'll prolly add that just as soon as I can. I really wish these HU's would just come with HD radio ffs! Oh well.
it really isn't bad, for the price of $100.00 compare to Satelite Unit XM or Sirus, I heard that the Unit picks up some Stations you noramlly dont get with reg frequencies.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I've got my HU installed about 90%. I've got to trim the bezel trim thing a bit to get it to fit in the dash trim. Wow I should say trim again. I must say this unit is awesome. I need to run some more feeds to my amp since I now have 6 channel output from this unit. Oh and it DOES play video back from an iPhone 3g (AWESOME). I wired in a SPDT relay to bypass the parking brake (shhhh). It is a perfect fit and you can customize the color of the buttons at the bottom (of course they're now SOP!!) I'll post pics tomorrow when I get the trim finished.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here's the update with it installed:

I used the brackets from the factory HU and it worked awesome! Had to trim the bezel ring a little bit but nothing a new razor knife couldn't handle. I also lowered the iPod mount a little bit from what it was. I know I know no pic to compare but it looks alot better now. I also used this relay mod to bypass the Parking Brake...

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-...ass-relay-pioneer-head-units-lcd-display.html

And for the pics...

The first 2 are video from the iPhone.
The 2nd 2 are DVD video.
The last is how the iPod interface looks.
Questions??

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you think this would work with the Bracketron mount? Is there room under that trim to bolt in the bracket without messing up the fit of the head unit?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Possibly. I don't know how much clearance the mount needs but you can see in my last pic how much room there is. The plastic between the orange trim and the HU is a trim ring. But be advised that when you eject a disc the screen slides forward at the bottom and down at the top so the disc can load at the top of the unit.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's pretty flush now using the brackets off of the factory head unit. The recess around it is the bezel that comes with the pioneer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks amazing. I'm itching to do the same thing. Do you have pics of what it looks like with it opened to load a disc? Also, I don't need to get a wire harness or bracket or anything right? You just used what came in the box?

And also, in regards to steering wheel controls, do yours (if yours has one) still work with this head unit?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts