Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so today I installed the Pioneer AVIC-F700BT.

I followed all the instructions from this site. Everything works great.. GPS, iPod video, even the hack where I can watch movies while driving; even tho I will never do that!!

So everything works but nothing has sound.. even the radio no sound..

What did I do wrong??

Help please..
Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
how did you do the hack???

·
Registered
268 Posts
Can you give us more details? Are you using the factory amp? What harness did you use? etc...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did hook the factory amp up.. I think is did..I used a harness that I got form best buy.. It does not have RCA hook ups. The guy at best buy told me to just hard wirer everything.

For the hack I had tp take the mute wire and moved it over some slots… Then that yellow wire we moved it to the ground. I think the yellow is the mute.. We did that so we can use the gps function and watch DVD from ipod while driving.. And it works just no sound.

So did I do something wrong there?? There are two cables that I left unplugged in the back. Green plug and white plug. Don’t really know what those are but there is no slots of them. Maybe its XM and im not sure about the other.. Is that correct?

·
Registered
71 Posts
throwing this out ther for some ideas....

if you have a speaker lying around try taking the speaker wires from the back of the HU and see if the pioneers speaker wire produces sound through the speaker rather then the rca to factory amp. if that is the case i recommend hooking up the HU to your speakers via the pioneers internal amp and by passing the rca to factory amp I also suggest only using the factory amp for the sub as described in the forum.

I am in no way a audio installer but thats what we did and i think the sound quality from the HU of pioneer or clarion or etc etc are far better then the honda amp.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you "hard wired" the speaker outputs of the Pioneer unit direct to the wires in the harness, there's your problem. The factory harness needs preamp signals, because those wires go to the amp. Since you didn't use the Metra harness with the pre-wired RCA ends, you'll need to solder all the male RCA connectors (buy them at Radioshack or somewhere) onto the harness you bought, and plug them into the RCA preouts of the Pioneer. The sub has its own little harness as well (separate from the main harness). There's a thread that describes all the wiring in the element on here to help you identify the correct wires.

If you want to use the Pioneer speaker level outs and bypass the OEM amp, you either need to run new speaker wires directly to all the speakers (quite a job), or unplug the amp and run speaker wires down to your kick panel where the amp is and tap into the output wires there that go to each speaker there.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You can make that one work. Like I said, you just need to connect some RCA ends on the speaker wires on that harness. Or, get the Metra 70-1725 harness with the RCA's already on there (you'll still need to do one for the sub though).

See here: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34035

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
sorry for seeing this so late. i think you guys are totally overthinging this. the blue or blue/white remote turn on wire on the aftermarket harness needs to be hooked to the blue/white on the back of the new radio. sounds like the factory amp just isnt turning on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts