Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a premier deh-p8mp that has lasted me 5 years but its time to move on, i have three options but mainly 2 im looking at to stay in budget.

im looking at a pioneer AVH-P3200 and a sony XAV-60. they both are at $269:evil: here locally and my other option is the pioneer AVH-4200 for $349:evil:

theres a store here that sells everything as cheap as can get, if only you audio guys would see it, youd go crazy with the prices. for example the 2010 CVT shallows when they first dropped were 169 a piece on ebay, i bought 2 for my friend for $140! 2 12inch pioneer with 800watt pioneer amp only $129, 2010 12in kicker comp with kicker box $149, crazy prices:grin:

anyways wat do you all think? sony or pioneer???

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I like Pioneer. It comes down to personal preference. I am running an Avic D3 head unit, some Pioneer front speakers, Infinity Kappa rear speakers, and a Premier 12" sub. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I say pioneer hands down....I wouldn't bother with a double din unless i was getting navi, but that's just my 2 cents. :|

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I say pioneer hands down....I wouldn't bother with a double din unless i was getting navi, but that's just my 2 cents. :|
well i thought about getting the new pioneer avh-5200dvd but im not sure if i like the look of it, i gotta see someone with a flip out cuz all i see is double dins and its a little out of my budget at $429

for navi i like the look of the AVIC-U310BT but it doesnt play dvds so thats my only drawback altough at $229 it really cant be beat

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I highily dislike sony, they have poor sound quality, pre-outs always have distortion, they break within a couple years, you pay a ton for nothing.

Pioneer is my choice always, sound quality is always top notch, way more adjustability, pre-outs have almost zero distortion, great long lasting quality, screens are more clear and images are almost HD quality, I can keep going.

Buy a Pioneer, I personally like the ahv-p4200dvd, you can add on navi to it.

Later

·
Registered
877 Posts
Pioneer! When it comes to car audio, sony hasn't had too much going on in their car audio since their ES line YEARS ago. I've had several pioneer decks and never had a problem with them. I would definitely spend the extra few bucks and go with the pioneer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is true about pioneer, my 5 year old premier is barely losing its live, first the screen darkened, now the control knob fell off. i believe that pioneer is the better brand i just wanted opinions on the sony cuz i saw it on display and thought it was real nice, the resolution looked top notch, almost like watching my bravia at home. i guess im leaning towards the 4200 for a few more bucks but the 3200 will do fine also and i wont go over 300 bucks.

thanks guys

·
Registered
47 Posts
i like pioneer but do not get the 310bt it is a piece of garbage. I had one in my civic last year it is was soo frustrating to use. I would be in the middle of washington dc and it thought I was by my house (in md)

I like the new 920 but thats like 1k.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I highily dislike sony, they have poor sound quality, pre-outs always have distortion, they break within a couple years, you pay a ton for nothing.

Buy a Pioneer, I personally like the ahv-p4200dvd, you can add on navi to it.

Later
+1 for insane sc....if you're on a budget the 4200dvd is a good choice because you can always add the navi later. If you can wait for a bit, I'd suggest saving untill you have enough funds for the 920bt....in the long run i think it might actually be more expensive for the 4200 and then adding navi later as opposed to just buying the 920bt, but i may be mistaken....best of luck in your decision...it's always a tough one especially in picking out a head unit. I ended up eating Top Ramen for a week every night so that I could get my x910bt :roll:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1 for insane sc....if you're on a budget the 4200dvd is a good choice because you can always add the navi later. If you can wait for a bit, I'd suggest saving untill you have enough funds for the 920bt....in the long run i think it might actually be more expensive for the 4200 and then adding navi later as opposed to just buying the 920bt, but i may be mistaken....best of luck in your decision...it's always a tough one especially in picking out a head unit. I ended up eating Top Ramen for a week every night so that I could get my x910bt :roll:
:lol: honestly a navi isnt in mind. i really dont need it. i dont go outta town at all. really i just want something that plays dvds, and has to have usb. i really like that jvc double din that changes 30,000 colors on both the buttons and displays buts its not a tv, just radio with dual usb and aux. at $140 i like it but the price of the pioneers are just to close to not get a screened unit

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm currently saving for either a x910bt or an x920bt which ever i can afford W/ XM and HD tuner, maybe a backup camera also.... just wan to do it all at once so i don't have to open the dash again later.

currently got about 700 bones towards it just gonna wait it out 2 more months then make my purchase

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got a Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD installed yesterday and I love it. It's an older model, but it sounds great and the picture quality on my iPhone videos and DVDs are great. I would totally go with pioneer!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Don't deal with Sonic Electronix unless you don't want the option of returning the merchandise if it doesn't work. By the time they finish deducting restocking fees and open box charges, etc, you won't get much money back. I bought a HU from them and they sent the wrong install kit. I ended up sending everything back and am now having to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back. They are not good people to deal with.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
If Nav's not important for you then go with that 3200 model. I remember reading an article on Sony products 20+ years ago with the headline "Sony Balony". I love that the Pioneer unit has an SD card slot on the front. My Clarion has it too and I love it, just download songs to the card and you've got a dozen albums ready to rock. The only downside to mine is that it's limited to 2GB cards. That new Pioneer should be able to handle the higher capacity cards. I should get one!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have to say. that I h8 my PIONEER 3100.
I dunno who designed the layout.
But they cant even fit 6 presets on the screen.
They fit 5 presets, then u have to scroll down to the 6th preset.
The font is ugly, and the non-touch screen buttons are so small.
Not 1 person i know has had anything good to say about my deck, even my gf thinks its a stupid layout.

P.S. the Bluetooth unit for PIONEER is a JOKE! does not work with 90% of phones on the market. do a search

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
P.S. the Bluetooth unit for PIONEER is a JOKE! does not work with 90% of phones on the market. do a search
Not sure i can agree with you there.
When i first bought my HU there was an issue with bluetooth but i found on their page they have frequent firmware updates

Syncs very quickly with all models of iphone (including my 4) and i test all my jailbroken devices I see as a side business.
My office blackberry & my gf's blackberry bold.

Check out Avic411.com, maybe you can see if you're running old stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a total budget of about a grand which would include the unit and installation. Here is what I am looking for in a unit:

Navigation
DVD
CD
Blue Tooth
Full function for my IPOD on screen
AM/FM

What units would you recommend?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I have a total budget of about a grand which would include the unit and installation. Here is what I am looking for in a unit:

Navigation
DVD
CD
Blue Tooth
Full function for my IPOD on screen
AM/FM

What units would you recommend?
Take DVD off your list and the Pioneer 700BT is an incredible unit and an outstanding deal. I love mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts