Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Eternal Blue 2WD EX one week ago. I washed it today and noted pits on the hood in the clear coat. I was using dish soap. The dealer "waxed" the car before giving it to me. Is this most likely a defect in the original paint? Has anyody else had this problem?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would check in with the dealer and also maybe wander around the lot and see if you find any other E's with similar symptoms. Dealer will probably say he has never seen it before, etc. etc. etc. Next step would be to take it to the best body shop in your area and get their opinion along with an estimate. These people know all about paint defects and can inspect with loupes, etc. A pit caused by impact has much different characteristics than a paint bubble or contamination and it is pretty hard to fool the pros.

By then you will have the info you need to go back to the dealer and could probably escalate with Honda from there. Of course, this all assumes that you are sure you have not driven through anything that may have caused this.

yelapa

·
Registered
84 Posts
[quote:6af93046f4="isubbel4"]Is "surte" Spanish?[/quote:6af93046f4]

I fixed the typo and beg your forgiveness, oh perfect one. Are you comfy now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts