Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My girlfriend aand I are planning on camping Wednesday night the 12th, possibly near Indianapolis, Anyone up for saving a few bucks avoiding hotel costs, and would like to meet up at a KOA campsite, let me know. This will be my first time sleeping in the E, hopefully we don't have to use a tent.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Shane there are some us that are planning on E-a-vaning to the event. How close are you to where Msgail lives?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cai88 said:
Shane there are some us that are planning on E-a-vaning to the event. How close are you to where Msgail lives?
I am about an hour south of MsGail, when do you guys plan on leaving?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
12th or 13th...still being decided. We are meeting up in Ohio I think. I am probably going with Ramblerdan and Brotherc leaving from NY.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cai88 said:
12th or 13th...still being decided. We are meeting up in Ohio I think. I am probably going with Ramblerdan and Brotherc leaving from NY.
We planned for leaving wed the 12th, a stayover somewhere in between, and arriving at the hotel on thursday. We'll keep in touch!

Are you thinking of camping?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
ShaneS said:
We planned for leaving wed the 12th, a stayover somewhere in between, and arriving at the hotel on thursday. We'll keep in touch!
Are you thinking of camping?
An FYI Washington County Conservation Area in IL is about 1 hr out from STL. It's clean and never too crowded...:D It is off of HWY 64. If on your way.8)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ADAMLSTL said:
An FYI Washington County Conservation Area in IL is about 1 hr out from STL. It's clean and never too crowded...:D It is off of HWY 64. If on your way.8)
Ahh, if we are that clasr to St. LOuis, we might as well just finish up the trip. Apparently, this is like a 14 hour drive, and thinking of driving like 9-10 one day and finish off the next. Who knows, we could be ambitious and punch it out in one day.

ADAMSTL, thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just found out, all KOA campsites have wireless internet, cool! Bring your laptops

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,897 Posts
Plan on discussing details with Carly this weekend, but at the moment this is what I'm thinking for the Upstate N.Y.-St. Louis trip:

Tuesday, July 11:
Albany to Westfield, N.Y. KOA (on Lake Erie), with dinner stop at Duff's in Amherst (Buffalo): 340 mi./5:53

Wednesday, July 12:
Westfield, N.Y., to Brookville, Ohio KOA: 343 mi./5:56

Thursday, July 13:
Brookville, Ohio, to USAFM: 22 mi./0:30
USAFM: ca. 4 hours
USAFM to Hampton Inn Westport, St. Louis: 375 mi./6:40

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I was planning on leaving Wednesday and would meet everyone in OH to camp out then all drive to St Louis Thursday. That all sounds like a great plan to me. My trip is 1,000+ miles from Long Island, 15-16+ hours.

Once the KOA is picked out, post the info with a phone number so we can make the reservations. Give a name so we can get our sites next to one another as well.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ramblerdan said:
Wednesday, July 12:
Westfield, N.Y., to Brookville, Ohio KOA: 343 mi./5:56
Looks like we could meet at the Ohio KOA on the 12th. We are plannining to take either rt 80 or the PA turnpike and from what I see on your map, looks like rt 270 in columbus is where we will all be on the same track.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
spdrcr5 said:
I was planning on leaving Wednesday and would meet everyone in OH to camp out then all drive to St Louis Thursday. That all sounds like a great plan to me. My trip is 1,000+ miles from Long Island, 15-16+ hours.

Once the KOA is picked out, post the info with a phone number so we can make the reservations. Give a name so we can get our sites next to one another as well.
Looks like we have a few that will be meeting in Ohio to camp, Cool!

·
Registered
8,753 Posts

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,897 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spdrcr5 said:
Just to try and get a consensus... are we set to stay at the Dayton KOA Wednesday night? Since we're less than 2 months out, I want to get my reservation in this week.
Count us in.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
ShaneS said:
Count us in.
Are you going to camp there each way? Or should we find somewhere in PA for the trip home?

The Dayton KOA camp site is around 350 miles (5.5 hours) from the hotel in St. Lous. That might be good then we can don't have to really worry about when we leave Sunday. The trip home from Dayton KOA is around 640 miles (10 hours), which isn't a problem on Monday. Just need to time it right for the NYC traffic I have to drive through to get to Long Island.

I guess for everyone in upstate NY the Dayton KOA is probably best for both halves of the trip.

Thoughts?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
That's the route I'm planning on taking. I'll be spending the night in Indy. If We can join the Convoy, it would be Fun.

We'll see how it works out!

Dom

1 - 20 of 62 Posts