Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Larry just checking in on status of reservations for Dayton KOA. Are you making them or are we on our own?

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
msgail said:
Larry just checking in on status of reservations for Dayton KOA. Are you making them or are we on our own?
Sounds to me like everyone wanted to be on their own. I never got a confirmed head count for either direction. I still didn't make mine yet, been too busy with work and my Mom... Hopefully I can get all of mine made in the next couple days.

It would save us all money if we made them as a group though...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm in for group reservations.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,897 Posts
Me too, for Brookville (Dayton) Wednesday night 7/12, with two campers. I believe Carly is in with two campers that night as well. I don't mind making my own reservation as far as cost is concerned, but if a group reservation will put us all in the same area, that would be great.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
msgail said:
I'm in for group reservations.
Im in fot the group wed the 12th 2 campers

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yeah 2 for me in Ohio. I think group would be better so we can all be close.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If nobody objects I'll call tomorrow, find out whats available & possibly make a reservation for the group. So far I count 5 cars & 8 people. Correct me if I'm wrong. We know your busy Larry so this is my way of helping out.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Just got off the phone with Dayton KOA. Here's the info. No hook up sites are $37. Didn't ask about hook ups since we really don't need them. I'm sure they would be more. They have an overflow area in the back where we could all stay together. It's not marked on there site map so can't tell exactly what it looks like. Rate is $29 per site. All sites have a 1 vehicle limit so we can't double up. What do you guys think? I have no problem putting the reservation on my credit card to hold the sites.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Larry that will work out fine. I just couldn't get the prices you had posted earlier in this thread. It's 5 sites @ $29 per site. Just waiting to hear from the rest.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'm in for that Gail. In fact I shall bring you the cash when I see you:D or I shall send you a check:D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
spdrcr5 said:
Gail that all sounds fine with me. Since the sites are next to one another it doesn't really matter if it is 1 vehicle/site, right? Your cc just holds the reservation and we can each pay when we get there?
Sounds good to me too. I will pay when I get there. Thanks Gail.

We are planning on hitting the road from Jersey at around 6am which should hopefully get us to the camp ground at around 4pm

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I'm Heading for Indy on the first day. Looks like we will be on the road at the same time!

SO What's the FRS channel ?

I'll be on RT 90. The last time I did Rt 80, The Blip Blip Blip got to me.

Broad Ripple Brew pup, I'm on the way !

Dom

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,897 Posts
Dom, I believe our standard FRS channel is 5.7 (h-o-n-d-a.e-l-e-m-e-n-t).

Gail, if your credit card charge is simply to hold the spaces and we pay when we arrive, great. Otherwise I'd be happy to reimburse you now (PM me with your preference for PayPal, check, wampum, etc.).

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My head is still spinning from making these reservations but I do have paid confirmations. You’ll enjoy this!

For a while thought I was tripin or something. Then realize it wasn’t me. These people are on another planet. First off can’t make multiple site reservations under 1 name for security purposes. Ok that sounds fair. I asked if she would hold 5 sites together in the meantime with my cc & I would call back. Before I got an answer I’m on hold. Then she’s back having me spell my name over & over. Next thing she tells me maybe we don’t need 5 sites what equipment are we using. Now I’m confused cos I clearly told her 5 cars & it’s 1 car per site. I keep my mouth shut about that hoping & go thru how everyone’s setting up. That was a big waste of time we do need 5 sites. Back on hold now I know I’m going to get disconnected eventually.

So this time I started calling everyone. Thanks Paul & Shane for having your last names on voice mail but that doesn’t mean I spelled them correctly (am I fired? LOL). Knew Carlie’s so that left Larry. Now she’s back asking me to spell my name again. I was very good didn’t give her any sh?t. Back on hold again. Call Larry, he answers, I get info, we’re chatting & sure enough I get disconnected.

Call the 800 # back & get voice mail were closed. I’m not a happy camper. Didn’t want to pay for the call but wanted to get it over with so I try the other # & she answers. Now I get we’re having phone trouble. Yeah right. I give her everyone’s name but don’t have guests name. Get this she doesn’t want that info only the drivers name. So where’s the security in that?

As all this is going on I start receiving unpaid email confirmations in my name. One for each site. So she could reserve all the sites in my name without all the drama. Then I get 5 more emails saying paid all in my name. I will email everyone a confirmation to bring with them & for the hell of it when you check in make sure use my name. I'll include my address in the email & if you want to send a check now i'll take it or pay me in Dayton. It's only 3-1/2 weeks away. :D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yes, Gail, Thanks for all the effort as well. I'll see you in 3 1/2 weelks.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
ramblerdan said:
Thanks for all the effort, Gail.

Last night I dreamed we were comparing platforms. You had created a sort of couch for yours, very elaborately padded and contoured. Darn you, always challenging me to reach higher!
Paul your not going to believe this but while I was helping my brother build we were walking thru the shop & walked past a new prototype desk. My brother looked at me & said don't get any ideas. To late it told him already had them. This desk with a push of a button the worktop adjusts to any height you want.

Wouldn't that be cool with a push of a button the floor raised up for a sleeping platform. Nothing to store when not in use. :)

41 - 60 of 62 Posts