Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Two tone dip job, I like it. I dipped my wheels and an disappointed, it's started to bubble and peel on 2 wheels and it's only been 3 months. I had read better reports, so I guess I was too hopeful.

·
Registered
406 Posts
How did you manage to get the tape line so crisp?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
nice... i wanted to dip mine exactly the same way but i wasn't sure how it would look with the plastic panels.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I've got the same two tone RR paint, have thought about dipping the top half like this but had never seen an example. This totally made up my mind.

I've had four cans of black dip stashed away for just such an occasion :-D

If you've got any pointers, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the crisp lines start there, with a little masking tape, then do the rest, then hit near the tape again, then remove while wet.

also i rolled the front windows down and pulled the weather strip and tucked it away so it didnt stick to the plastidip.

the wheels bubble a couple of times but i cut out the bubbles and just reapplied.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well, great job! 8)

After taking the interior trim out of the back door, I found that rear window is not as difficult to remove as I thought. Combine that with your taping idea and a heat gun, I will give 'er a go again. I also plan to use one of these to help with finger fatigue:

·
Registered
777 Posts
That is exactly what I did last week, lol. Nice to see someone thinking alike. I also prepped it similar to you, I removed my rear windows and removed my weather stripping.

Plasti Dip is so addictive that I'm actually gonna spray e entire lower half today...

I'll post a separate thread of my results.

Elements a just 'meant' to be dipped lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
Before plasti-dip:

After plasti-dip:

Comparison of plastic and plastidip:

Door jamb (sorry slightly out of focus):

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Wow that looks great with the red, well done!

But seriously, you guys need help.:grin: Mebbie there is a 12 step program for this.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The black and red looks great!!!

I played with Plasti-Dip for the first time over the weekend on a small bezel around my tac on my Harley. I'm gonna hit a few more parts this week. So far very pleased with the results

·
Registered
35 Posts
Started with black on chipped side steps. Then came bumper trim and grille. Addiction took over a little. Always liked the silvers with blue panels. They did blue and green interiors..why no green panels? A quick job with camo green. Looks almost like stock grey in shade but green when sunlight hits it. I may give the camo brown a try next.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Started with black on chipped side steps. Then came bumper trim and grille. Addiction took over a little. Always liked the silvers with blue panels. They did blue and green interiors..why no green panels? A quick job with camo green. Looks almost like stock grey in shade but green when sunlight hits it. I may give the camo brown a try next.
x
x
x

says you moved or deleted the images :(

try imgur, photobucket has been acting a fool lately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Before plasti-dip:

After plasti-dip:

Comparison of plastic and plastidip:

Door jamb (sorry slightly out of focus):

WOW, I'm really Impressed, that looks great!
I've been toying around with the idea of doing my plastic panels in black. My E being black in color I thought it would look great one solid color.
I'm off to dip my panels since I'm going for that Darth Vader all black look.
Again, nice job.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Let the addiction continue!! I know it's not the Element but the wife has been begging for new wheels. No scratch right now so I went alternate route!! Bought 2 cans of dip and finally decided to use the can of glossifier dip that I was going to use previously. Turned out pretty good. Not a super flat but more like a Satin, next up all those other ugly chrome parts.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 87 Posts