Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just finished my sides this weekend, to add to the grille wheels, and strip over the rear window. I luv plasti dip on this vehicle...it was just meant to be!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I am so impressed that others find that line at the bottom of the door important to connect with the cladding! I did mine with vinyl a few years back and I have been happy with the results. It just makes the black plastic work visually for me and obviously others too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
awesome look!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
can someone please help me am trying to Plastic dip my wheels but where do you guys get the Plastic dip , and how much , what spray brand and where am lost here please help

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is a great mod! I may have to put this on my "to do list"!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Its called plasti-dip, and you can find it at home depot for around $5-6 a can. I used 7 coats on my wheels and it took less than two cans total for all 4. Just look up tutorials on dipyourcar.com or their YouTube series for detailed instructions and tips on how to properly spray.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
777 Posts
dip is easily found at home depot, lowes and even walmart or target in their paint sections...

and for the price, its pretty addictive.

currently the only thing not dipped on my E is the black plastic bottom section...and even thats about to change soon;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
plasti dip on plastic?

I've gotta say I've never been impressed with plasti dip. I will say this though, if you want to protect your car for the winter, then more power to ya. Also has anyone had trouble pulling the plasti dip off of the plastic unpainted panels?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I dont know about the unpainted panels specifically, but through lots of use I've found its easier to pull off the thicker the coat you have, this coats are very hard to pull off. I had some thin over spray on a Home project get on a painted wood beam. Knowing it was p-dip, I didn't this it was a problem. the thin stuff was hard to get off. I ended up taping off that overspray spot, then spraying a few VERY heavy coats and once dry, it peeled off very easy. I've have never had a problem peeling on slick smooth surfaces like glass at any thickness.

·
Registered
364 Posts
P-dippers-
Is it possible to use auto paint OVER p-dip; IE- spray dip, glossify, then paint?
I'm thinking of things like the plastics on the bumper or tailgate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a question for you guys that have done your wheels. How do you clean them? What method do you use to clean the brake dust off?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Give it a try on one of the hubcaps and see how you like it! It will be easy to clean off the hubcaps. Wheels- not so much. I had to scrub with googone to get it off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have about 7 layers of black dip on my wheels, I've had it on for almost a year and a half now. I have gone through a full New England winter and have taken it through multiple car washes and the dip has held up with no problems. I love this stuff and I just bought two more cans today to do a top half dip. Here is a pic that I took the other day, sorry it is not focused on the wheels but I figured you can see how well they have held up.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
P-dippers-
Is it possible to use auto paint OVER p-dip; IE- spray dip, glossify, then paint?
I'm thinking of things like the plastics on the bumper or tailgate.
It's possible to spray paint over dip and or glossifier... However the only thing that changes is the ease of removing the dip when you finally do want to remove it.
The paint dries without any flex and that is what affects the dip... But as far as the paint adhering to dip, it will hold just fine.

Hope that helps.

The better alternative is to mix the final color into clear dip and spray a few coats of that over white dip. That way you get custom color and maintain the peelability of dip.

After doing lots of research, that's what I decided to do to get my pearl green

Via mobile

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks elefante! That helps a lot!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey guys if you need any plastidip or plastidip install tools let me know i can get them shipped to your door hopefully cheaper and quicker than anywhere else.
Feel free to message me on here or Facebook.com/weezoonline

21 - 40 of 87 Posts