Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bit the bullet and paid the extreme price for Plasti-dip in Canada. $25cdn!! But here it is possibly in a low def pic because only my face camera works on my iPhone.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Lookin' good, guys!

Do you guys use the spray, or the roll-on? Or maybe even brush on?

The PO of my Vanagon did plasti-dip all along the bottom and it looks great, but it's gotten really faded over the last couple of years and I need to spend a weekend taking off the bumpers and refreshing it. It's really a great way of covering up tiny scrapes and dings, adding some protection from small scrapes and giving the car a new badass look.

Sorry about posting a photo of a non-E car, just wanted to show what it looks like on my other ride.
What can I say, I love square cars that you can sleep in. :grin:

·
Registered
39 Posts
So this stuff doesn't fade then. I would like to try it on the front and rear bumpers. I have to use another product that expensive to keep them looking like new otherwise they fade. I have extreme sun rays hitting my vehicle and I have to use 3M Professional Products the same as the dealer or body shop uses.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The rubberized parts of my van have faded to a dark grey after about 3 years of my ownership, but I don't know when the PO put it on. I would guess it's been at least 5 years since it was originally applied possibly longer. It freshens up with an application of armor-all but fades again in the first rain.

But I think he used Rustoleum roll-on truck bed liner. Plasti-dip in cans wasn't available back when he did it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Bit the bullet and paid the extreme price for Plasti-dip in Canada. $25cdn!! But here it is possibly in a low def pic because only my face camera works on my iPhone.
congrats for paying 5x's the price for dip than I paid...but the end result really looks good. Very nice lines.

I also like the lower door molding and different wheels that you have. really makes the E stand out.

How many cans did you use?

any plans to do more dipping? perhaps emblems or step rail?

·
Registered
777 Posts
My addiction has started.
looking good.

elements and plastic dip are meant for each other :)

Lookin' good, guys!

Do you guys use the spray, or the roll-on? Or maybe even brush on?

The PO of my Vanagon did plasti-dip all along the bottom and it looks great, but it's gotten really faded over the last couple of years and I need to spend a weekend taking off the bumpers and refreshing it. It's really a great way of covering up tiny scrapes and dings, adding some protection from small scrapes and giving the car a new badass look.

Sorry about posting a photo of a non-E car, just wanted to show what it looks like on my other ride.
What can I say, I love square cars that you can sleep in. :grin:
I use the spray on cans for small things like emblems rims and step rails and I use dip in a spray gun for doing my whole car.
If you brush it on like bed liner you may not get as smooth a surface but you will definitely get a thicker coverage.

as for redoing your lower pieces, I would suggest spraying them on the car. look up on youtube plastidip and you'll see how people mask off the area slightly bigger than they want to spray, then after the last coat they remove the masking and once it is semi dry they peel off the excess and the dip makes a clean separation from the white body panel and the black parts...
you'll save lots of time this way and headache.
good luck either way

·
Registered
46 Posts
congrats for paying 5x's the price for dip than I paid...but the end result really looks good. Very nice lines.

I also like the lower door molding and different wheels that you have. really makes the E stand out.

How many cans did you use?

any plans to do more dipping? perhaps emblems or step rail?
Thanks and thanks haha. Yes I didn't want to spend that much but what can you do? I plan on doing the emblems and I never thought of the step rails. Maybe both of those grey pieces at the bottom will get hit next. I used 1 and a half cans did about 6 or 7 coats. Already had the rear hatch top done and peeled it off with 7 coats easy so I knew it would work good.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
To anyone who did emblems, how hard are they to remove? And how about reinstall do I need two sided tape?
You do the emblems without taking them off the car.

First mask off an area around the Honda like 6 inches around, then spray the emblem and the surrounding area about 2 inches around.
Remove masked area and wait about 10min.
Then simply roll an edge of the dip on the body of the car and remove it, the dip will 'cut' a clean line all around the emblem. Also remove the parts within the H and you're done.
Again, YouTube plasti dip emblem and you'll find all the videos you need.
Good luck

The same logic apply if you do your lower door moldings

Via mobile

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you kindly! No one here where i live understood plasti-dip. They all thought i was crazy just up and painting half my vehicle black. Now they all want it. Might have to get the Honda dealership bringing it in!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks for the info Elefante!
Glad to help.

I see your H came out good. If you want you could peel away the nonH area by lifting up to area with a toothpick.

Also I see some peeling on your lower grill what did you try to do there?

Here's my emblem jog 1385011584357.jpg
1385011634990.jpg
1385011688349.jpg

Via mobile

41 - 60 of 87 Posts