Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just bought my first Element last week and I cannot wait to dip in the spring time! Nice job everyone looks awesome!

·
Registered
67 Posts
after elefante introduced me to plastidip ive just been having fun with it. He even helped me fix my wheels! great advice! (sorry 2nd pic is crappy cell phone pic)

Ive done the usual stuff, emblems, wheels, bumper and even dipped a racing stripe on a friend Prius as a prank! but decided to try something strange. I decided to dip the air box radiator fan cover (forgive me if i call it the wrong thing) hopefully someone will correct me)

It took seconds to remove! it adds a unique look that only you know about, but can share at meets.

on to the next thing to dip...

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had a 2003 EX that I was planning on Plasti-dipping the panels in Anthracite to make them darker like the later models, but I traded it in on 2005 EX on Monday and now have the darker plastics... dipyourcar.com has a lot of colors available, whereas Lowes and Home Depot usually only have black and white. I dipped my motorcycle this past summer and it has held up great... but white wheels are a pain to keep clean!

Before:

After:

Tail of the Dragon:

·
Registered
19 Posts
has anyone tried to paint the roof ?? it kind of bothers me, i have the tangerine orange and the orange and black looks weird to me i have always though of plasti dipping my roof, i have my wheels plasti dipped and they look great and have held up great for the past year

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
is it ok to bump older threads or should I post a new one?

I am wondering if anyone tried to do the roof like the last couple posts mentioned?

I have an eternal blue E. I was thinking about experimenting with plastidip and doing the roof white with the same principal as ups trucks have white roofs...to cut down on heat absorbed from the sun.

I like that as long as you put it on thick it looks pretty easy to remove if i get bored of it or mess up.

oh and it's on sale at menards for 4.98 a can for the next ten days.

anyone have a guess as to how many cans it would take to do the roof in white? just the painted part, although it may be interesting to go to the tops of the doors.

thanks

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
speaking for myself, a large area such as the roof you may want to invest in a sprayer and order the dip in bulk gallon. Reason is for coverage. Why spend the time and money and not end up with a presentable outcome? A slightly experienced person may get a decent result on a large surface out of a rattle can but a novice, not so much. Here in LA I see more than not dipped vehicles that look hilarious due to inexperience and likely pure cheap stubbornness. Plastidip is hard to mess up on smaller areas, on larger areas, again, its all about coverage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice addiption! I bought 3 cans this weekend for my grill, bumpers and wheels. I found it at my local Walmart on the bottom shelf next to spray paint. About $6/can and they had grey, white and black.

·
Registered
74 Posts
speaking for myself, a large area such as the roof you may want to invest in a sprayer and order the dip in bulk gallon. Reason is for coverage. Why spend the time and money and not end up with a presentable outcome? A slightly experienced person may get a decent result on a large surface out of a rattle can but a novice, not so much. Here in LA I see more than not dipped vehicles that look hilarious due to inexperience and likely pure cheap stubbornness. Plastidip is hard to mess up on smaller areas, on larger areas, again, its all about coverage.

thanks for the info.

I ordered the wider spray nozzles from dipyourcar so I may try this.

the benefit of doing the roof is most people don't get very close to it so imperfections aren't as in your face

·
Registered
777 Posts
You'll be fine with the wider spray tips I did my roof that way before I did my whole car

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really want to try this stuff, but am having a hard time finding it here and I haven't been able to find any company that will ship it. Looks like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Got the bug

I have a thread about my on-going restoration, but wanted to share just the dipping here.

This is especially for anyone having serious faded panel issues.
Took the front end off to dip. Flat black + graphite metallic on top.
Also dipped all badges/emblems, & rear bumper cover in various blk & graphite metallic combos. Finished off with an SOA sticker.
Fog lights had cracks so took them out temporarily & used left over gutter guard from the HD/Lowes grill mod.

Thinking about buying the sprayer system from dipyourcar.com

Anyone have one?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a thread about my on-going restoration, but wanted to share just the dipping here.

Also dipped all badges/emblems, & rear bumper cover in various blk & graphite metallic combos. Finished off with an SOA sticker.
Fog lights had cracks so took them out temporarily & used left over gutter guard from the HD/Lowes grill mod.

Anyone have one?
How close is the color match between the front end panel and the other side panels? It seems my front end has a pretty bad case of road rash.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Not that close, But acceptable for now. My front end was REALLY messed up as you can see. When the weather warns up, I'm dipping all the panels one color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking to dip my rims soon, and was wondering how they hold up to tire maintenance. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere from my research. Mostly the lugs, spray them separately by masking off? I plan to leave my wheels on.

Thanks for any input!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
48 Posts

Anyone have one?
Well Done Sir !

61 - 80 of 87 Posts