Honda Element Owners Club banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
First time using this stuff.....impressed with how its so user friendly.

There's a post in here where member did a set of wheels....buying a couple of decks of playing cards and doing wheels next....

IMG_1087.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did mine on monday.. made some mistakes and it was undesirably windy, but fairly happy with the results anyways.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another PD addict here with a question. So I know PlastiDip is meant to be put on thick (5-6 coats minimum), but the thing is. I want to paint all the my plastic cladding. And I don’t really care if I’m ever able to peel it off. You guys think it would hold up if I only did maybe 3-4 coats with a rattle can?

I want to try to get my panels to black for around $100.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Spray Can Or Can't

I just removed two-year-old plastidip from my front bumper and grill after noticing some loss on the grill (but not on the bumper). I discovered that some areas had insufficient PD to peel off so I had to use a Goo-Gone product and power wash to get the PD off.

I did not remove the PD that I had applied to the rocker panels or rear of the car, and it still looks great.

From this experience, I'd say that you can get adequate coverage from 3-4 coats (probably four). Can you do it for less than $100? I'd estimate worst-case of two cans per panel, four panels and front/rear bumpers. If you can get the PD on sale, consider also buying a spray gun grip.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
More Plastic Dippering...

I'm officially a Plastic Dip novice... so far so good... :-D

So... I replaced the '04 lighter grey bumper covers with '07 darker grey ones... (front and rear)
Mostly because of wear and tear on the old ones... scratches, cracked top clips, etc.
(and the darker color matched up better with freshly tinted windows :razz: )

Ohio has relaxed front license plate requirement, though not officially removed until July 1, 2020...
I have bucked my "absolute procrastination" MO and become an early adopter of removing front plate...
This means there will be no drilling of new front bumper cover...

Conveniently enough, there's another GGM in the parking lot at work...

I added billet radiator cover thingy (eBay)... PD'ed it. Pulled apart grille... PD'ed it.
And PD'ed the extra covers on my bumper that hide a Previous Owner's beauty mark...
(Just know there is a *perfect* 2" receiver imprint under the driver's side cover :oops: )

I also refinished the headlights, HOLY POP SOCKETS what a difference that made...
Through the HAZE, I couldn't even see the bulb housing in the back of the fixture before sanding/sealing...
:shock: WOW, completely worth the effort.

In each pic: his is on left and mine is on right...

Attachments

81 - 85 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
46 Participants
KargoMaster
Honda Element Owners Club
Element Owners Club is your go to forum community to discuss your Honda Element, and get ideas from your next great trip to your next Honda Element Mod.
Full Forum Listing