Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dipped my E in green bottom half, black top half and white roof.

Been dipping for about a year now and I gotta say its addicting.

Started just with emblems, then wheels, the roofs and now this.

Doing a friends corolla next week.

What y'all thnk?

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another shot

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For some reason I can only upload 1 file on each post ..?

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post pics of the process if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thats bright!! Looks good though....Is that Plasti Dip stuff that good? I want to do some interior accent pieces with it, but have not had the time!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thats bright!! Looks good though....Is that Plasti Dip stuff that good? I want to do some interior accent pieces with it, but have not had the time!
It's not that dip is 'that good' it's that you can customize your car or pretty much anything that you'd normally paint, for a temporary time and not worry about it being permanent or having to bother with prep for painting like sanding, priming, etc...

That's what make dip addicting.

As for time consuming, it really isn't all that bad, I did my whole car in less than 3 hours, alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
God, plasti dip is addicting. I'd do my whole car too if I had the time. Looks great, but I think you missed a spot, what are those 4 silver round things under the car? I think they need dipping too!
Slo, what those silver things need is to not be OEM, then a shot of dip would rock,

I actually will probably spray the step rail black to blend in with the bottom black plastics though. So you were right, something was missing (;

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That looks hot!! Did you use the wagner gun or all by can??

I used a Wagner airless, since that what I already had prior to learning about dip...but for future ill probably get a proper hvlp gun cause mine sprayed out lots of product very fast.

Btw, missed you at the meet and eat, but hope to run into you and other fellow E owners around.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks.

It was super easy to spray the white base, but the fluorescent green was a headache.

Via mobile

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After 1 day of driving around I have to say, this color gets SO many looks, it's inappropriate! Lol

I really enjoyed driving my box before but now it's a completely different game.

I. Corazon. My. E.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While driving to Vegas today I stopped by chipoodle to grab a bite and a family with 2 kids walked right by and the little by was gonna touch it while I was still in the car and the mom grabbed the boys hand before he could touch it...I opened the door and smiled and said its ok he could touch the 'reptile skin'.

Overall, everyone that sees it has a smile on their face. That alone is reason enough for everyone to dip their cars...relieve road

Tomorrow ill try to park by some exotics that are for rent around Vegas and see which car girls prefer to be photographed with! Lol

I'll report back my finding ;)

Whole job took 4 hours, its far from perfect but for the time and price, well worth it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some preview day pics.

I had valet bring up the car and drive it around the terminal just so I could snap some pics :)

The guy said all the other valets were asking about the bright green car, lol

I'll post some vegas Strip pics tonight or tomorrow
Via mobile

Attachments

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
That looks awesome. I might look into that. :p

Curious, you did the white roof thing probably for the same reason I was thinking about it. White reflects heat way better than any other color, thus it SHOULD lead to a cooler car, right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts