Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I finally got around to using the plastidip wheel kit I bought months ago. The color is anthracite grey. After 4 coats I added 2 coats of a clear gloss dip I got from hd. Application and clean up was as easy as advertised. Just need some Honda logo decals to use on the center caps to give it that stock look.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,615 Posts
Very nice!

I never was too crazy about those wheels in the stock finish, but in the anthracite grey color you picked out, they look great! :)

·
Registered
2004 honda element EX
32 Posts
looks really good! cleaned up well. i bought a kit that is on the way from UPS ground that is delayed due to storms in midwest last week. Brass Monkey bronze color kit for my E here pretty soon. not factory wheels though... 235/75r15 BFGs KO2s with rota grid concave wheels. will post upon completion... im glad people are making their E's a little more custom these days to break up the mundane looks of the factory appearance. keep it goin Overlander!....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last night I finally got around to using the plastidip wheel kit I bought months ago. The color is anthracite grey. After 4 coats I added 2 coats of a clear gloss dip I got from hd. Application and clean up was as easy as advertised. Just need some Honda logo decals to use on the center caps to give it that stock look. View attachment 204905 View attachment 204906 View attachment 204907 View attachment 204908
Did you have to do any prep to the rims before application? Living in the north there is some corrosion from salt and snow but I really love the look and interested in applying to my rims.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you have to do any prep to the rims before application? Living in the north there is some corrosion from salt and snow but I really love the look and interested in applying to my rims.

No prep needed, wheels just need to be cleaned really well. If it were permanent I would’ve smoothed out a few bad spots before spraying. This way whenever I remove the dip you won’t see wheels that look half way painted, instead I’ll have typical wear and tear that fits a car being 14yrs old.
will be plast dipped brass monkey ..... soon i hope
Did you have to do any prep to the rims

·
Registered
2004 honda element EX
32 Posts
Just cleaned the wheels up with the cleaner in the kit. The wheels were new. Just didn't feel white(cheapest and only avail) was the color I wanted on a green element. It was straight forward.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome mate, those rims look killer with the overall color vibe - What is the color code for the Anthracite Grey?
thanks @Airzilla Here’s the link. I ordered from the dipyourcar site. You can buy individual cans but I got the wheel kit. The spray trigger added in the kit was super helpful, and the cleaner they add worked extremely well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts