Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Element. The electric window on the driver's side has some play in it but only when it rolls down to about 4 inches from bottom of window frame. If I quickly raise or lower window at this point the window drops about an inch until it stops. Any guess on the cause? I removed the inner door panel and looked around but everything seems to be working properly. It is annoying becasue if the window is down accept for the 4 inches of glass showing, and I rest my arm on the window it drops about an inch before it "bottoms out.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 05 Element. The electric window on the driver's side has some play in it but only when it rolls down to about 4 inches from bottom of window frame. If I quickly raise or lower window at this point the window drops about an inch until it stops. Any guess on the cause? I removed the inner door panel and looked around but everything seems to be working properly. It is annoying becasue if the window is down accept for the 4 inches of glass showing, and I rest my arm on the window it drops about an inch before it "bottoms out.

Thanks in advance!
I had this same problem. eventually the window will just fall down into your door panel. the clips on the bottom of the glass that hold it into the guide rail are probably either loose, or broken. mine broke, and the dealer said it would cost 250 to fix, and i have a warranty that "doesn't cover glass":rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I had this same problem. eventually the window will just fall down into your door panel. the clips on the bottom of the glass that hold it into the guide rail are probably either loose, or broken. mine broke, and the dealer said it would cost 250 to fix, and i have a warranty that "doesn't cover glass":rolleyes:
Good old window regulators...gotta love them.

On your warranty, isn't this a technicality to argue that it isn't the glass, it's the clips. I mean, you could still use the glass...it's just fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are the passenger and driver side window regulators interchangeable? I'm going to have a spare passenger side one soon, so if this is a problem with E's as well, I'll hang on to it just in case...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts