Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a first time Element owner and I just bought myself an '06 silver and blue Element LX.

This is pretty much my first car however after having a previous accident in my family car I wish to protect my Element the best that I can.

I am interested in getting a brush guard and a rear bumper guard and rear taillight guards.

I have looked into this already and unfortunately haven't found many let alone one's within my price range.

I would appreciate some advice and possibly a point in the right direction for affordable "armor".

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Honestly, nothing out there for the E can really "armor" it. The front brush guards and bull bars mount to the lower radiator supports. A collision with these on just brakes more expensive parts closer to the engine. Without these installed you have a crumple zone while with them installed you do not.

Don't know about the tail light bars providing actual armor either.

Have not seen a steel rear bumper that you can just buy. It's going to have to be a one off.

Sure these things all look very cool, but provide no better protection.

A simple ebay search will bring up the best of whats out there for looks.

The element is not a Jeep or 4Runner. Sorry to ruin your fun :|

·
Registered
599 Posts
The element is not a Jeep or 4Runner. Sorry to ruin your fun :|
That being said, the Element is ridiculously safe if you do get into an accident. Looking around the forums will yield a number of stories about pretty serious accidents in which the owner walked away with just scratches and bumps. You won't be able to do much to save your Element's pretty face in an accident, but she sure will do everything she can to save yours!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts