Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Long story short. while driving my E home Sunday Night I slid on a icy turn and slammed my E into the curb broadside on the passenger side. The mechanics (not Honda Dealership) has told me the Lower Control Arm and Strut were bent and needed replacing. That's now done, but the mechanic is now saying the knuckle and bearing need to be replaced to a cost of over $600 for parts alone. Does anyone have or know of a place to get replacement Knuckle and wheel bearings? I'm trying to live on a retirement income and cannot cover a $1200+ repair bill. ANY and ALL suggestions are welcomed.

Jayster

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re; Need Help Fast

TONTO2 is back on the road! Replaced right front lower control arm, strut, steering knuckle and wheel bearing, along with camber bolts and kit. Total from Auto Tech Plaza $903.03 plus the $215 I spent on used steering knuckle and wheel bearing and gas for trip to Thornton, CO and back.

Repair shop had to try all different arrangements with tires and wheels to get Tonto2 back in alignment. Now the steering is much,much better but in swapping tires around my half worn Michelins are on front and my newer crappy Coopers are on back. tires are making horrible noise on grooved roads and above 55mph.

Auto Tech also tells me right rear wheel bearing needs replacing as it is making weird washing machine noises at certain highway speeds.

Great! And I thought I was going to buy snow tires for Christmas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts