Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the previous owner lost the spare tire cover hole plug. Are these plugs available anywhere? I could always fabricate one out of a black rubber stopper or something. Has anyone done this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Are you sure it's not in the spare tire well?

Or

Big league chew

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Ya I looked for it high and low for it as well as the sunroof bag. Both items are gone. I asked the dealer if they might have set the items down when detailing it so they're looking around today. If not maybe they'll replace them (fingers crossed). Otherwise, not a big deal, they have the plug for $4 bucks and I could always get the bag later. I just thought I'd run it by them while I'm still a recent customer.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We were going to put a ball bearing back there and drive the E around in a swerving/erratic manner until the ball bearing rolls into the hole. That would equal one point. First one to five points wins...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
We were going to put a ball bearing back there and drive the E around in a swerving/erratic manner until the ball bearing rolls into the hole. That would equal one point. First one to five points wins...
Yeah, that's even better. I'ma tell everyone I told you to do that. :)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
That actually sounds like a good game. You can take it one step further and make a maze in the trunk and you have to rock the car in such a motion that it goes through the maze correctly, and then into the hole.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: I went to the dealership and I asked them the price for the cargo floor plug and they said $4.50 but they just gave it to me for free! I also bought 3 Honda oil filters with crush washers included for $15. It was a good day at the dealership :grin:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts