Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're planning on buying a 2010 EX AWD tomorrow, and we're torn between Alabaster Silver and Polished Metal Metallic.

Aesthetics aside, silver is the safe bet for us...we know how well this color hides dirt and dings. We're the "buy new and drive it into the ground" types, so we'll likely have this vehicle for 10+ years. While I'm pretty fanatical about mechanical maintenance, we're not going to baby this vehicle - gravel roads and dogs to the beach will be common.

But...we just love the PMM. I know it's only been out for a relatively short time, but can anyone give feedback on how well the finish looks as it encounters day-to-day wear? Do the dings/chips show up significantly? My concern is, it's a little too much like a black finish - which while beautiful, shows every little imperfection, dirt or otherwise.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You may also want to consider interior color option, since ASM has gray interior color, & PMM has tan interior color.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
as for the interior colors, the PMM has a lighter interior and may be subject to dirt/stains standing out more, but then again, if you have a light haired dog.....................................

all said, if it were me - I like the Polished Metal Metallic, Silver is common

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may also want to consider interior color option, since ASM has gray interior color, & PMM has tan interior color.
Yup...and even though I'm guessing the Titanium interior will show stains more, we're liking that color better as well. 'Tis a real struggle - looks vs. practicality.

Practicality seems to be winning out with this decision, though...that's the only reason my wife is going along with this decision. She loves the functionality of the vehicle and how it drives, but she hates the look. In fact...our new addition has already been named, even though it's not in the driveway yet.

Her best friend and her, refer to it as a Clown Car - hence, "Bozo" will soon be born. ;)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I got mine a little over a month ago. Thankfully no scratches or dings yet, but I will say that the salt/water mix that they apply to the roads around here in winter time sure show up on PMM. All-in-all, I'd pick the same color again.

As for the Titanium interior, I hated it at first. I thought it would show dirt and stains very easy. I'm an aircraft mechanic and rarely go home clean. So far, no stains and the color has grown on me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
No regrets on the PMM or the titanium interior here. For us the grey interior was a little too monotone and we have a pick-up with grey interior so...Also we haven't had any issues with interior showing dirt or stains...yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't regret PMM either. My last car (Touareg) was a similar gray and held up quite well. It was leased, so I didn't take much care of it either.

I didn't like the Titanium interior at first but it's growing on me. I could see staining as a long term issue, already have rear seat covers (dog package), might need to find some front ones now too.

PMM just waxed:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I didn't like the Titanium interior at first but it's growing on me. I could see staining as a long term issue, already have rear seat covers (dog package), might need to find some front ones now too.
"Staining(?)"... You guys and gals know that the seats are waterproof right...? That's a basic Element feature...!!! Stains...? Maybe a permanent marker gone haywire...!!! LBELBO...!!!

Congrats Amba Lamps...! Now get to the Greets & Intros section and start a thread so that you can get your "official welcomes" from the rest of us... Don't forget the pics...!

LBD

PS: Yes, PMM is an A-W-E-S-O-M-E color...! I think it's the best...! LBELBO...!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
"Staining(?)"... You guys and gals know that the seats are waterproof right...? That's a basic Element feature...!!! Stains...? Maybe a permanent marker gone haywire...!!! LBELBO...!!!!
Actually, I have a pair of dark blue jeans that have already turned the lower side bolster slightly blue from sliding in and out of the seat.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Actually, I have a pair of dark blue jeans that have already turned the lower side bolster slightly blue from sliding in and out of the seat.
WOW!!! :shock:

I humbly take back what I said... Sorry...! :-(

LBD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts