Honda Element Owners Club banner

Polishing Plastic Panels?

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  94eg 
#1 ·
I am new to this forum, having purchased a used 2005 EX about a week ago.

I was wondering what anyone uses to wax/polish the plastic exterior panels (bumpers, etc.).

Thanks!

#2 ·
Look at Wax On/Wax Off Forum

Welcome to the forum. Before anyone else has a chance to snap at you, I'll kindly suggest you do a search for any topic you desire. There are several threads that describe different methods of cleaning/polishing the plastic panels. Some use 303, others use Turtle Wax Ice Detailer, and I used Black "WOW" on mine this past summer. Under no circumstances should you use ArmorAll!!! Poke around, especially in the Wax On/Wax Off forum and you will find tons of useful information. After you have looked, if you still have questions, feel free to post and any and everyone will give you info and opinions!!

#4 ·
Thank you

Thank you for your replies.

My husband said I should have mentioned that they are the blue panels, although I don't know why that should matter.

Also, how do I search for specific forums? Like I said, I'm new to this.

Thanks again!

#5 ·
Frozen E is the man !

Turtlewax ICE works very nice

#7 ·
I have to give a big shout out to Turtle Ice and the fine folks here who recommended it. After I nearly fell over paying $18 for car wax, i was ready to go.

I suck at this kind of stuff. I never understood (you may want to sit down) why a paper towel and Windex wouldn't work.

I told you you should sit.

But after my husband realised what I was cleaning the car with years ago, i got a whole course in car paint stuff. Which meant I had it washed and waxed.

Now that I'm facing the lack of a financial reality i can't have it done, so with this one, I went for it. I would like to remark that the size of your Element increases with the temperature of the day.

It was GREAT not having to use two things or worry about wax on the panel and being able to use it when it was hot out was fabulous. Because it's not gonna be anything but hot out for a while.

So yep, great stuff.

#9 ·
... i use mothers bumper stuff...works pretty good. lasts a couple weeks too
Most if not all of the plastic products don't last very long - two weeks is not very long to me. So...

If yer a cheapskate, generic furniture polish such as the Everyday Living polish at Kroger can be used.

#12 ·
So I have learned that all this stuff you put on your plastic does not last very long. They are coatings that come off. Why even do it at all. It's just like putting the tire dressings on it's just temporary. A waste of time I think. Just clean the plastic with car wash and be done with it.

#15 ·
I definitely recommend Aeorspace 303 Protectant. The stuff brought my old faded plastic on 03 Element back to life in under 10 minutes. It has that new plastic glow and sparkly shine like when I first drove it off the lot. It's been over a month since I last washed the car, and the gray plastic panels are still holding their luster. No washed out chalky look any more...

This stuff is expensive and hard to find, so do some research. Their website can point you to local stores that have it in stock. Otherwise just order it online. I think I paid $22 for the 32oz bottle. After using it on my 4 cars, I can say it's definitely worth it. Especially on the 90% plastic Element.

PS: It's got tons of UV inhibitors, so it does more than look nice. Their slogan is "It's like suncreen for your stuff"...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.