Honda Element Owners Club banner

Are the black cab over lights too big?

• Yup, Trade them in and get smaller smoked ones

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Nope, They look great. Install those suckers.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don't like cab over lights therefore my opinion doesn't matter here.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is round two. I put a set on my first element and loved them. The question here is if the new ones I’ve ordered are too big or just right.

First pair were amber on the silver E. Current pair are the smoked on the Khaki

There is a thick metal plate above the rear view that makes the center one difficult to install. I’m not sure if I should do 4 again. These are too wide to fit in the channels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Zero traction on this? Man, this forum died. Everyone appears to be on facebook now (which is a terrible platform for actually learning anything.)

This will be my first teardrop face tat, I guess.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I personally like the look of the four in the channels. Looks cleaner and semi-OEM. Yeah, there isn't a ton of action going on here these days, but I'm sticking with it. I'm not a fan of the facebook groups, as it's incredibly hard to keep track of info. Gotta keep this place alive!

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. Whenever anyone on facebook asks me how to do anything I tell them to check out the EOC.

It's the same broken record over there:

*Someone put Ridgeline shocks and springs on their element*
/*HOW DOES THAT WORK?!*
/*WHAT PARTS DO I ORDER?!*
/*SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT DIDN'T WORK*
/*I THINK THE SPRINGS WERE TOO SOFT*
//*SOMETHING ABOUT THE SPRINGS RATED ¯\_(ツ)_/¯*

rinse and repeat.

I'm here forever. Figure I can document the stupid stuff I'm doing so that someone else can inform their stupid shyte with my own.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
wait, you can put ridgeline shocks and springs on an element?

i like the 4 channel but not in orange

·
Registered
153 Posts
Agreed. Whenever anyone on facebook asks me how to do anything I tell them to check out the EOC.

It's the same broken record over there:

*Someone put Ridgeline shocks and springs on their element*
/*HOW DOES THAT WORK?!*
/*WHAT PARTS DO I ORDER?!*
/*SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT DIDN'T WORK*
/*I THINK THE SPRINGS WERE TOO SOFT*
//*SOMETHING ABOUT THE SPRINGS RATED ¯\_(ツ)_/¯*

rinse and repeat.

I'm here forever. Figure I can document the stupid stuff I'm doing so that someone else can inform their stupid shyte with my own.
Haha, yup. It's definitely a cursed cycle. I would also have to say it has something to do with vBulletin being kind of tough to use on mobile unless you have tapatalk. It's gotten a little better through the mobile browser recently, but it's not as "instant" as facebook. If it's any consolation, I've been following along on your spring lift endeavor and am liking the way it's going.

I've followed a couple of Element modders on instagram too, but it ends up being similar to the facebook situation: lots of unanswered questions and dead-end threads. I actually stumbled onto your account as well, and a few other members here (based on their locations and posts). It'd be great to get more traffic in here though.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wait, you can put ridgeline shocks and springs on an element?

i like the 4 channel but not in orange
Here's the short of it (as this is likely the only place this information is going live on this forum for now: this is a direct transfer of info from Nathan Robertson on Facebook who has another Khaki with AT tires on it (dope looking rig).)

Ridgeline shocks work with the element if you trade the top hat from the factory shocks (common enough) They are about 3" longer (which moves the sweet spot a little bit. I can't comment on the effectiveness because I haven't seen them in person - maybe a really good candidate for the spring lift. Could stand in for the process of lengthening the shock post, which is arguably the sketchiest part of my build - I don't loose any sleep driving down the road, lol.)

Here's the problem though, when paired with Ridgeline springs they provide ~ 4" of rear lift BUT the spring rate is SUPER low so the car does a decent amount of rolling in the rear (Nathan didn't seem to mind) and they over compress when fully loaded (with a full set of autocross wheels/tires in a hitch basket (~200lbs) he saw 3" of sag...

So the Ridgeline springs are out. I think you could just install CCS element springs that were just lengthened 1.5" (you won't want the whole 3") and hope that the shocks are short enough to compress them a little bit....

Ridgeline shocks - yes. longer. not sure if that solves anything (maybe too long)
Ridgeline springs - yes, if you don't mind having a soggy rear end. no if you ever put people/stuff/trailer near the back of your car.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've followed a couple of Element modders on instagram too, but it ends up being similar to the facebook situation: lots of unanswered questions and dead-end threads. I actually stumbled onto your account as well, and a few other members here (based on their locations and posts). It'd be great to get more traffic in here though.
Rad! Thanks for the follow. I figure if the information lives here there will always be those willing enough to make the pilgrimage to the top of the mountain.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, white letter tires, cab lights, you must be old.
I'm a third of a century. Just breaking in the old engine. =P

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, I decided to keep them and install four. They are JUST a bit too wide to sit flush in the channels. I chamfered the side edges and they slide in perfectly. I could have used a rasp, but I’m lazy and hit them with the tiny bench grinder I got from HArbor freight for $30.

I just need to get an add a fuse to piggy off of the parking light circuit. Install pics will come when they are installed.

Thanks for all of your input. You helped me pick a side (which needed to happen before I ran out the returns period.)

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the smoked lights. In the two pictures i like the 5 lights, but wonder if it is becsuse of the smaller smoked lights :-/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts