Honda Element Owners Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would consider buying the cloud rider product ONLY IF they removed "the nametag".

Would look much cleaner!

As a potential consumer, what would you prefer? With or without?

Should they move it somewhere else?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't know about that, but is your "weekend blasts" car an S2000? Hard to read that bright yellow. Maybe if they did the logo in that...! lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
einstein,
i thought that you were opposed to the cloud rider grill because of concerns that it would cause the engine to heat up (at least that is what i thought you stated so vehemently in previous posts)?

i have the cloud rider and i like the logo just the way it is.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't mind a producer putting their logo on their product. I will never ever let a dealer logo go on a vehicle I own however.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't recall the vehement, but yes I questioned whether or not the % open space was adequate. But that was before I saw the hexagonal shape in my picture above. I would definitely be interested in this model if they would drop the flat spot for the logo.

[quote:1661aeac63="mborkow"]einstein,
i thought that you were opposed to the cloud rider grill because of concerns that it would cause the engine to heat up (at least that is what i thought you stated so vehemently in previous posts)?

i have the cloud rider and i like the logo just the way it is.[/quote:1661aeac63]

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: It's invisible ink... click and drag across the text to decode :lol:

[quote:e124ca5968="E-Rich"]I don't know about that, but is your "weekend blasts" car an S2000? Hard to read that bright yellow. Maybe if they did the logo in that...! lol[/quote:e124ca5968]

·
Registered
97 Posts
[quote:6cec0c9aa1="Einstein"]:lol: It's invisible ink... click and drag to decode :lol:

[quote:6cec0c9aa1="E-Rich"]I don't know about that, but is your "weekend blasts" car an S2000? Hard to read that bright yellow. Maybe if they did the logo in that...! lol[/quote:6cec0c9aa1][/quote:6cec0c9aa1]

2002 S2000<==cut and pasted! hey it worked!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't really notice the whole logo thing. And I'm sure somebody who is admiring your car won't really notice either. But, I understand it is a personal thing. :wink:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:shock: The question to answer is this:

If you were paying for this grille kit, which would you choose:

Yes, please put the flat spot and logo on my upper grille.

No, I want mine without the flat spot.

I know some don't get that excited it's there. I didn't ask "who cares... " :|

If you had to choose one way or the other, what would be your preference? :wink:

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Like Slowhand... I will NEVER allow an auto dealer to have their decal on the back of my wheels. NEVER.

However, if I'm driving a Honda and they have their 'H' on there, I'm cool with it. And likewise, Cloud Rider has designed some slick grills and they have "branded" them with their name. I can tell you after speaking with Karen at Cloud Rider earlier today, they do not plan to remove their name from the grills. FWIW.

I can totally understand if you don't like it. It's a personal taste thing.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The logo is not obtrusive, so what's the problem? Heck, most of the products we buy now have a logo pasted on them.

I bought Cloud Rider guards for my E and for my husband's Silverado (Karen at Cloud Rider is very nice, and the company is very easy to deal with). On our recent trip to Nova Scotia, we had fun noticing other vehicles with Cloud Rider guards.

And judging from the number of bugs plastered to my Cloud Rider, it's doing its job! Picture to follow!

·
Registered
142 Posts
The tag isn't greatly conspicuous, but I see Einstein's point: The E's grill area, being both small and a visual focal point of the vehicle, is an unappealing location for additional logos. And the logo does, to my eye, disrupt what is otherwise a clean and complimentary design by Cloudrider.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just tell people you have the exclusive 'cloudrider' E model. They won't know the diff and will think you are super cool.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Some people out here seem to enjoy trying to undermine
ideas or products in a rather subversive way?
I recall someone in the past being very enthusiastic in
promoting a particular brand and now seems to be trying
to pick apart a vastly superior competitor! ( in my opinion )
I for one, am totally impressed with every aspect of the my
cloud-rider screen including the nicely embossed logo
which I think only adds to the class look of the product!
There is a connotation meant to the words cloud-rider by the way!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Uh, if you want to say my name go ahead. :oops:

Let's get something straight. Months ago I bought an Element, and immediately noticed there is a need for condenser protection. I looked all around, and didn't see any suppliers of such a product for the Element. Being a S2000 owner with a grill insert product working very well to protect that vehicle, I suggested everyone interested email the company (Coastal Metals) to see if they would provide one for the Element. They offered to do so, I and I offered to help them with measurements, etc. I am not affiliated with that company, period.

Since then I have noticed the Cloud Rider product available for the Element. I have contributed my honest opinions regarding what I saw and the information provided on the Cloud Rider website.

I like plain and subdued accessories on my car. Furthermore, I expect the accessories to add function without changing too drasticly the operating parameters of the vehicle. Therefore, I have generally had a better opinion of the "plain" Coastal Metals product with large-hole material and a black color.

Meanwhile, I'm driving around without ANY grill protection and would like to get something very soon. The Coastal Metals two-piece grill insert product has been significantly delayed. I simply can't say a product which is not available is superior. I haven't said so for quite some time.

The new cloud rider grill with large honeycomb openings is very appealing to me. It also helps conceal the "thubscrew" attachment appearance issue I've had about the Cloud Rider product. The only thing standing between my money and a full Cloud Rider grill insert kit is the big flat spot.

Therefore, the intent of my post is not subversive in any way. I want to see if a large enough group of people agree with me, then maybe the manufacturer will take interest and make the product the only way I would consider buying it.

If you look back at all my posts you will find this is true. :? I'm getting tired of being misunderstood. :evil: I'm only trying to help. :cry:

[quote:62ff372c12="divco-honda"]Some people out here seem to enjoy trying to undermine
ideas or products in a rather subversive way?
I recall someone in the past being very enthusiastic in
promoting a particular brand and now seems to be trying
to pick apart a vastly superior competitor! ( in my opinion )
I for one, am totally impressed with every aspect of the my
cloud-rider screen including the nicely embossed logo
which I think only adds to the class look of the product!
There is a connotation meant to the words cloud-rider by the way!

[/quote:62ff372c12]

·
Registered
97 Posts
[quote:5974940b25="divco-honda"]There is a connotation meant to the words cloud-rider by the way!

[/quote:5974940b25]

???what is it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's the happy man. He finds posts he like and dances on them.

I agree with Einstein on this one. All he said was that he prefers one over the other. I'd prefer it be plain too, but it doesn't bug me as much.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think it's ludicrous to ask a proud company to remove its name from
their outstanding, well recognized products.
But I guess this type of board is a venue for some, to "broadcast" their opinon in the hope of lending some type of creedance to that opinion!

I guess you can't please everyone.

"Will cloud-rider will try?" stay tuned!

Carry on with the poll, that's all the time I've got to waste

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote:b1fae44edf="divco-honda"]I think it's ludicrous to ask a proud company to remove its name from
their outstanding, well recognized products.
But I guess this type of board is a venue for some, to "broadcast" their opinon in the hope of lending some type of creedance to that opinion![/quote:b1fae44edf]

Here's an example: Colgan bras. They very famous, yet their logos are very discreet. Cloudrider could easily be just as discreet by placing a logo or name tage in a corner on as part of the surrounding trim.

Welcome to the Internet. I've been reading & posting since 1991 on USENET. Prior to that on BBS networks. There is no end to the silly debates. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, which unlike facts, need no backing.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I wish this was an actual poll!
Ya know, real polls with clickable answers and bar graphs are available on this site. In fact we even have a special subforum for them. :wink:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.