Honda Element Owners Club banner
181 - 194 of 194 Posts
hmmm maybe i will CAD those up at work for practice

Ok, I'm necroing, but I have to ask or I'll be in trouble (and pain) - has anyone had the good fortune to confirm this frame is capable of withstanding frequent/vigorous, er, well...frantic-windmilling-groin-pogo? :|

Honestly, this is an important engineering question. Bed's ain't just fer sleeping.

Ok, I'm necroing, but I have to ask or I'll be in trouble (and pain) - has anyone had the good fortune to confirm this frame is capable of withstanding frequent/vigorous, er, well...frantic-windmilling-groin-pogo? :|

Honestly, this is an important engineering question. Bed's ain't just fer sleeping.
Are you mating with a hippo?

HAHA

Newtons Second Law of Motion: force equals mass times acceleration. (times acceleration, times acceleration, times accel-)

Hippo or no hippo, it's a matter of serious consideration. Keep on laughing till that frame snaps at the wrong moment. Then it'll be the paramedics turn to laugh.

This thread appears to be dead, but in case anyone is watching...
I'm planning to use the pvc platform plans that @pookSter originally posted, many years ago, but I'm wondering if anyone has used them and altered the part that requires you to remove the side panel for the driver side rear seat? I'm curious what the reasoning is for that side to be extended more than the passenger side and if it would work just the same if I put elbows on instead of extending it to essentially make each section uniform.
Here is the link to the plans: Element Bed Plans
I'm referring to sections B and C. I want to make them both like A.

This thread appears to be dead, but in case anyone is watching...
I'm planning to use the pvc platform plans that @pookSter originally posted, many years ago, but I'm wondering if anyone has used them and altered the part that requires you to remove the side panel for the driver side rear seat? I'm curious what the reasoning is for that side to be extended more than the passenger side and if it would work just the same if I put elbows on instead of extending it to essentially make each section uniform.
Here is the link to the plans: Element Bed Plans
I'm referring to sections B and C. I want to make them both like A.
Hmmm, I slept once in the Element and I think I recall that the drivers side seat would not move forward as much as the passenger side. So slept diagonally with my head behind the passenger side where there was more space.

This is Snarff77. Haven't posted in years. Rediscovered a PDF of the referenced bed frame planes today. These were the ones Pamela made 15 years ago and shared with the community. They are step by step with measurements. I will try to figure out how to post them here or an admin can let me know.

This is Snarff77. Haven't posted in years. Rediscovered a PDF of the referenced bed frame planes today. These were the ones Pamela made 15 years ago and shared with the community. They are step by step with measurements. I will try to figure out how to post them here or an admin can let me know.
That would be AMAZING!!! I like your design the best since i can put containers under the frame and and easily get them out from underneath me... Hope to see it here soon.

Any luck with sharing the PDF? Would love to see the plans :-D

181 - 194 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.