Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since winter is here now I have been using the heat in the E on a regular basis. My feet are always cold so generally I just leave the heat on "foot" and go on my merry way.

I have noticed in the E though there are really no vents per se for your feet? My feet are still cold and I was feeling around to see if I could locate a vent, obviously there are none under the seats. I checked around under the dash and it really feels like there is just a general very light puff of warm air coming from the back side of the center console (behind the open space in front of the subwoofer).

I would expect to find a vent of some sort or an obvious stream of hot air coming blasting down there but I don't seem to have any? The round side vents on the far side of the dash work like a hot damn on the foot option... this is almost deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
536 Posts
No heat for the feet

Ms. Bignerd

I have an 04 E and I do not get much heat on the floor either. It may be the nature of the beast but may be not. Since you E is so new a trip to the dealer may be in order. It may still be under warranty.

Jackson

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Are your vent controls set for both floor and dash, or just dash (check the arrows on the dial - pointing to both feet and chest of the seated driver icon). 30 degrees (1 degree C) this morning on my drive to work and feet were toasty, set on both floor and dash - i know that's not the sub-zero temps of Northern users, but I had my Temp up only to 1/3. On full it would have cooked me like a turkey :D

How cold in Calgary right now? (I used to live just South, in Vulcan).

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I've always felt the same way...not enough foot heat. But my feet are perpetually cold, so I thought maybe it was just me.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are your vent controls set for both floor and dash, or just dash (check the arrows on the dial - pointing to both feet and chest of the seated driver icon). 30 degrees (1 degree C) this morning on my drive to work and feet were toasty, set on both floor and dash - i know that's not the sub-zero temps of Northern users, but I had my Temp up only to 1/3. On full it would have cooked me like a turkey :D

How cold in Calgary right now? (I used to live just South, in Vulcan).
Thermometer in the Subaru said 26 F out, feels like about -8 Celsius though. Just a skiff of snow, may be another brown Christmas.

I am talking poor heat when the dial is on the foot only option-you would think this would be the best but like I said I can't really find any signifigant source of heat on the floor.

I will check at the dealer and it would still be covered by warranty. Will try closing the vents also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i agree. the foot heat is inadequate. in particular my left foot does not get much heat at all. my right foot gets somr. in addition when the controls are on foot only, heat still comes out of the dash. this is poor design. i am going to mod the fins on the floor heat output to redirect some over to my left foot side.

·
12,178 Posts
In almost 6 years of E ownership i never thought about closing off the dash vents....I will have to try that this winter.

My info maybe wrong on this one.....but i thought out west these were offered as a winter accessory.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
A Californian giving advice to a Canadian on how to dress in the cold..priceless:lol:
How did you know poster was from California????

Oh now I see.....they filled in their LOCATION.....

never mind.:roll:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I just replaced the cabin filters, and WHOA! way more air movement in the E!!! The heat works much better. I purchased them not at Honda, but at my local Checker auto parts store for $23. Funny thing, the old cabin filters were discolored to some extent, but I never would have thought the airflow could be restricted that much from the fan.

Maybe your filters are not working as efficiently as they could be working? And closing the upper dash vents will help re-direct the heat to your feet. If you ant to get extreme, and you only have you and maybe a passenger in the front you could always plug the vents under the front seats. I did this during one extreme cold snap, and it helped with the foot heat.

Oh, and it's getting cold here too!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
How did you know poster was from California????

Oh now I see.....they filled in their LOCATION.....

never mind.:roll:
:lol::lol: they must be from canada-- they didnt get your american humor. ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts