Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to raise my concern, but please hear me out.

I'm about to get a life insurance however, a friend of mine came in our house and told me that Honda Cars have poorly installed airbags. Imagining the worse scenario, just in case I've been in a car accident there will be a little chance for me to get the insurance benefits because there is a failure on my part to secure myself (knowing that the airbags are not properly installed). Knowing this makes it difficult for me to decide.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi guys! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to raise my concern, but please hear me out.

I'm about to get a life insurance however, a friend of mine came in our house and told me that Honda Cars have poorly installed airbags. Imagining the worse scenario, just in case I've been in a car accident there will be a little chance for me to get the insurance benefits because there is a failure on my part to secure myself (knowing that the airbags are not properly installed). Knowing this makes it difficult for me to decide.
They are not poorly installed. They could be defective. They are (probably) the subject of a vast recall of Takata airbags that have affected millions of vehicles. You need to see if yours have been (or need to be) replaced. Your VIN is all you need to get started.

Good luck.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I’m not a lawyer, but there is no way you would be “failing to secure yourself” by driving a car from a major car maker that is certified by the NHTSA. This sounds to me like a really shameless “prey on granny” sales tactic.

Maybe if you were racing around a dirt track in a sprint car or doing flips on a motocross bike, that could be believable.

Now the Takata airbag issue mentioned above, is an NHTSA mandated recall. You should get that recall effected ASAP, but that is not specific to a Honda or even more specifically, an Element. That’s bunk. It affected millions of cars, dozens of models, and many car makers.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I had both my front airbags repaired under the recall from Honda. I have the service records in my gigantic car file for both repairs that were covered by Honda. People have died due to this issue, so I took the recall seriously.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The original poster seems like the most advanced bot ive ever read a post from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts