Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a pop up camper. Some older models are pretty lite weight 600 -1000 pounds. I have not found one yet but there is one that is 1450 pounds for sale near me.

What do you think? I would be going cross country. I would have a lot of stuff in the car, probably maxing out the 650 pounds, one person, me driving.

thanks.
Anyone who has leads on an older one please chime in.

D

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
802trees, Good question that a lot of E owners have thought about. The E is rated for 1500 pound towing. I have towed a U-Haul enclosed trailer ( the smallest) with furniture from Western Md to Western NC without any problems. I think the terrain that you will be towing over may have to be taken into consideration . Flat land driving will be easier then mountainous driving. These 4 cylinder cars where not meant to be loaded down with trailer weight. That being said, their stronger than you think. Use good judgment , don't over load the trailer. Remember, cruising over flat land isn't like climbing Pikes Peek.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wonder if any of these posters ever ask their insurance agent?
Itll be overweight, and you knew before you turned a tire. Maybe itll only be an animal that shows you how bad the braking can get, maybe a bus full of nuns. If you ignore the weight limits i can only say...
Best of luck, to us, not you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts