Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was thinking of taking the little lady and "our baby" (****er spaniel) camping in the next couple of weeks. I already have a massive tent (8 person) but have wanted a canopy for awhile and figured this would be a perfect time for a purchase.

I was looking at one that would be both easy to set-up, durable, and compact. Price is definitely a big factor, as money is somewhat tight at the moment. I found the E-Z Up Canopy from Sears and after discount, could probably snag it for $60 shipped...

Just wanted to see if anyone else may have a canopy and could recommend one for me.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00622710000P?keyword=e-z+up&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: My wallet decided to do the decision-making. Seems I was able to pick this bad-boy up for $33 shipped.

I might post a mini-review.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Yep, E-Z Up is the best of the breed. They tend to work better and last longer than their cheaper imitators. The only problem with them is that they also make good kites. Make sure to stake yours out or weight it down if there is any kind of a breeze blowing. Otherwise it may wind up in the next county.:-(

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How stupid of me, I should have posted how I managed to get it at this price (for anyone else interested in the deal).

1 - First go to the item's webpage: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_089W018480690001P?vName=Fitness+%26+Sports&cName=Camping+%26+Hiking&sName=Screen+Rooms+%26+Canopies&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1 and add item to your cart.

2 - At checkout page enter these codes in the EXACT ORDER as listed: COUPONALBUM (apply) RETAILMENOT (apply) KMART5OFF50 (apply)

3 - Choose "save on shipping" and sign-up for a trial of their "ShipVantage" program (think Amazon Prime) - Otherwise I believe cheapest shipping is like $10.

Note: It's a 30day trial for free, like Prime, but you need to cancel within 5 days of the 30 day period to end the trial without having your card charged.

4 - Checkout using the codes (free shipping takes like 3 days at most, but I chose 2-day for $.99)

Good luck ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sweet! thanks for the info dude! the wife and i want to get one of these cause we have a cheapo one that the roof is held up by tent poles... doesnt work so well in the wind, it pops down which = bad.

Here is a Tip for these on the beach/in the sand. Instead of simply staking it down (which wont work in sand anyway) dig a 1-2foot hole, and bury one of the thick plastic stakes or tie your tiedown around a piece of firewood and cover it back up. I learned this from bear grills (spelling blah silly englishman) when he rapelled down a slope by burying his backpack in the snow. I did this for a guy that had his fly away and they all thought i was some sort of greek god/ genius or something.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good call!

Also note that I sent the info to a buddy last night and he emailed me saying he couldn't get it as low as I did when I ordered it. I tried the method I posted and I could only get it down to $60!? :twisted:

I'm not sure what I did differently. I do know that they charged me the full $25 for expedited shipping even though I signed up for the ShipVantage program and should have received it for $1. I called about the error and was told I was being sent a credit...

Good Luck.

Now if I could just find a table leg kit for a reasonable price...

·
Registered
510 Posts
got mine for 73 total. the codes took 15$ off, so basically taxes and most of the shipping free. i dont sign up for crap like that cause i always forget till its too late.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got mine for 73 total. the codes took 15$ off, so basically taxes and most of the shipping free. i dont sign up for crap like that cause i always forget till its too late.
See, I usually don't either, but I already processed my cancellation shortly afterwards ;)

I don't shop Sears or Kmart enough to warrant its use for another 25 days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts