Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I didn't notice this, so I think it's started happening along the way. But after my E has been sitting (garage, at work, gym, etc) and I start driving I hear popping and it sounds like it's coming from the springs. Which would make some since, explaining why it only happens when it's been sitting for a while. Once they pop once, it doesn't do it any more until I leave it sitting for a while again. I haven't asked Honda yet, I wanted to check with you all first. Have any of you had this issue? Have you asked Honda? Did they do anything? I'm 95% sure it's something w/ the springs or another component of the suspension. It does not affect the ride, just annoying.

·
Registered
957 Posts
It sounds like it may be your brake pads, others have hit this issue - do a search. It is supposedly a normal condition.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have an annoying popping noise coming from the back. I dont think it is the springs. It sounds more like a plastic kind of pop. I think it may have something to do with the plastic cover over the spare tire. I just turn up my radio to compensate for the noise.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I had the same problem with my E and just got it fixed yesterday at Penske Honda here in Indy. Its the rear hatch henges. Too much pressure on the spot welds. I thought it was coming from the sunroof. I got it taken care of and its all good! They relieved the pressure from the spot welds, readjusted the henges and sent me on my marry way. After I had dropped it at the dealer and came home to check my email I had the answer from the forum. When I called the dealership to tell them abou the answer to my post they told me before I could tell them. Like I said, it's all good. Mine started after I drove mine to Orlando, FL from Indy. Once there it started popping. Didn't matter if the sunroof was open or closed and it was really noticable when I turned corners and went over bumps in the road. Hope that helps you.

Peace and my the E be with you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my Element. My dealer told me that it is the brake calipers and that it is a common problem with Elements, Pilots, and the new CRV. He told me that he can clean the calipers and make the noise go away for a while, but it will come back. I couldn't see spending my time (and once the warranty runs out, my money) for temporary fixes, so I thought I would wait for a recall if it comes. Meanwhile, the problem is not serious (I am told) and does not affect the brake performance.

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:76bc3daaa0=" "]I have the same problem with my Element. My dealer told me that it is the brake calipers and that it is a common problem with Elements, Pilots, and the new CRV. He told me that he can clean the calipers and make the noise go away for a while, but it will come back. I couldn't see spending my time (and once the warranty runs out, my money) for temporary fixes, so I thought I would wait for a recall if it comes. Meanwhile, the problem is not serious (I am told) and does not affect the brake performance.[/quote:76bc3daaa0]

I have had the popping noise for months now. I hear it going in and out of my garage at work, especially on tight turns over a hump. There is a thread on this somewhere and I believe it has something to do with the suicide door latches. I remember something about a quick fix by applying grease. I will have to try and find the thread or perhaps someone else here recalls the specifics.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts