Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KC chick with male friend in Cali who has NO computer and asked that I inquire. Seems same scenario as prior post by JesseL22. Vehicle has about 500 miles and has popped from 5th to neutral 3 or 4 times on its own and several times with the lightest of touch. He brought it back to dealer who REFUSES to acknowledge a problem. The Element remains at the dealership with dealer DEMANDING my friend pick it up - no problem or defect found, they say. JesseL22 posted that he was bringing it to dealer a few weeks ago. Next & last post from him is that he "loves his element (of surprise.) No comment on his experience. Personal email to JesseL22, no response - not read. My friend LOVES his Element too. Any advice? And any others with this problem? Alexis

·
Registered
23 Posts
Years ago, I had a VW Scirocco and it kept poping out of 5th on the FWY and it turned out to be really low on gear oil due to broken seal. I can't imagine that this would be the case, but it only takes a few minutes to check. See you owner's manual for instructions to check the manual transmission oil.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Alexis,

If it were me, I would try another Honda Service center. One that is more concerned about potential issues with a new platform.

If you gave his location within California, maybe our members might be able to recommend one or two that have provided stellar service in the past.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've had the same problem with my 5-spd. But with me, it sometime happens in 3rd gear too. Mine has never popped out, but at times, all I have to do is touch it slightly and it will come out. It occurs very infrequently and randomly. I just make sure that I push it in gear all the way when I shift just to make sure. It wouldn't hurt to change the gear oil to see if it helps.

But I would definitely try another dealer since the first one obviously did not know what customer service means. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all - and yes, it does also happen in 3rd. I'll pass it on and get location of dealer! Alexis

·
Registered
1 Posts
:cry: New member.
Had my Element 7-10 days, 5-speed manual; total 500 miles.slid out of gear at least 8 times that i specifcally recall. 4 times by [email protected] times with my hand lightly touching shifter.my dealer tested car,was able to slide it out of gear with hand on shifter .actually was able to slide it out of third same way. i was advised by service dept to not put my hand on shifter. they did not observe it doing it by itself. their stand is (if they don't see it , it didnt happen. i've left vehicle at dealer and will not drive it til they fix it. contacted main office .theyre checking into it.please id welcome any help you may be able to give .

·
Registered
273 Posts
alexis,,, is your friend in no. or so. calif. .?.... i'm in no. calif. and would like to help, just let me no.... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, can you help? My friend posted the previous reply to yours. Talk to Frank. Your logon is a little scary. Greetings from the latest tornado capital - KC. What's up? :D Alexis

·
Registered
273 Posts
hey frank/alexis,,, either pm or email me.... i see your in simi valley down in so. cal... no problem... what dealer is taking care of you.?... we may be few in numbers, but we're everywhere... :shock:
here's your first stop,,,click....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I HAVE POSTED A TOPIC ABOUT THIS BEFORE....MY 5TH WOULD POP OUT WHEN ACCELLERATING HARD....OVER THE WEEKS, IT SEEMS TO HAVE FIXED ITSELF, BUT THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. ALTHOUGH IT DOES NOT HAPPEN ANYMORE, THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE AND I HAVE BROUGHT IT TO HONDA'S ATTENTION. THEY COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING WRONG, YET THAT IS!... MY ONLY ADVICE TO THOSE WHO HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM IS TO KEEP PUSHING FOR HONDA TO LOOK MORE CAREFULLY INTO THIS ISSUE...AND READ OVER YOUR WARRANTY INFO SO YOU KNOW WHAT IS COVERED AND WHAT ISNT.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE, AND HAPPY DRIVING!

JesseL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts