Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here towing a popup camper with their Element? I'm looking to buy possibly next spring and would love to tow with my 2007 EX. I'm thinking that I will need to stay around an 8 or possibly 10 foot (probably Jayco/Starcraft). The 8 would be closer to the max for weight but might creep over and the 10 definitly would! Anyone pulling one now?

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Welcome, 3fan. Enjoy your reading.

Thread moved to "Trailers, Campers and Teardrops… oh my!" section. This is your starting point, but you may find relevant posts in "Racks, Hitches & Towing," "Off The Beaten Path....," and "Miscellaneous / General Element Discussions."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK WOW... just read some of the other threads and this has definitly been addressed. Sorry for re-posting. I love this site! lots of great info!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Trailer weight

Hi 3fan, welcome to the pulling thread. I believe your manual says #1,500 tow weight and #150 tongue weight or at least a #200 tongue limit on your 2" hitch. Check your numbers in your manual and make sure your hitch is rated for ABOVE your max tongue weight. I would be comfortable towing anything less than #1,200 empty plus #300 of gear i.e. ice coolers clothes food jacks, water, etc,etc (total #1,500). Take it out of overdrive except for really flat terrain or going over 55mph+-. The main point is don't let your transmission constantly go in and out of overdrive and 3rd gear. Thats what wares down the transmission.

Best, MoonDrop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.