Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here towing a popup camper with their Element? I'm looking to buy possibly next spring and would love to tow with my 2007 EX. I'm thinking that I will need to stay around an 8 or possibly 10 foot (probably Jayco/Starcraft). The 8 would be closer to the max for weight but might creep over and the 10 definitly would! Anyone pulling one now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK WOW... just read some of the other threads and this has definitly been addressed. Sorry for re-posting. I love this site! lots of great info!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Trailer weight

Hi 3fan, welcome to the pulling thread. I believe your manual says #1,500 tow weight and #150 tongue weight or at least a #200 tongue limit on your 2" hitch. Check your numbers in your manual and make sure your hitch is rated for ABOVE your max tongue weight. I would be comfortable towing anything less than #1,200 empty plus #300 of gear i.e. ice coolers clothes food jacks, water, etc,etc (total #1,500). Take it out of overdrive except for really flat terrain or going over 55mph+-. The main point is don't let your transmission constantly go in and out of overdrive and 3rd gear. Thats what wares down the transmission.

Best, MoonDrop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts