Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so i'm looking for some help here. I'm looking for some type of portable media player that I can potentially strap to a headrest or even hold in your hands that will play media from something like an SD card. Basically I want a portable DVD player without all the moving parts and having to keep up with DVDs.

The primary use is for our toddler during longer car trips. He loves to watch videos on my iPhone and it keeps him occupied. Though, i'd like him to have his own little screen to watch rather than passing my iphone around.

I've considered installing a flip down screen and just using an ipod or other media device to stream the videos to the screen (again, avoiding DVDs). However, there is an 8 yr old in the back as well so the shows they watch aren't exactly the same, plus the toddler is rear-facing and will be for several months still.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I agree with everything you said, and thats pretty much what i've seen as well. I was hoping somebody was aware of something that I wasn't :)

The portable DVD players have hinges and moving parts, etc which just mean they are breakable by irresponsible toddler hands.

There are some PMPs such as the Archos, etc that are kind of what I'm looking for but they're too expensive for this use. I'll keep looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts