Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
My dealer was pretty decent, Beaverton Honda. Definitely ask for Joe Bohn, though. We went through 4 obnoxious, smarmy salespeople before getting him. If you do end up buying from him, please tell him Adrian sent you! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Go to Gresham. Ron Tonkin has two dealerships out there (Gresham Honda, and Ron Tonkin on 122), and both are excellent. I'm waiting for the 5-speed AWD Element to arrive before I buy, but we got our Civic there, and did not regret the purchase. They didn't try any shifty buisiness, but like any dealer, you better know what you want, and for how much, before you step on the lot. We walked out of *RML was here :)* Honda, they had a bad case of "You should kiss our feet for selling you a Honda" syndrome. I think it might be the area. Anyway, Gresham is the way to go. Good Luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ron Tonkin Honda was great! They didn't add a big dealer markup to the Element like the others did. I was blown off at Beaverton Honda twice, even though I told them I had to make a buy in the week and told them what I wanted--I won't waste my time with them again and I only live a mile away.

I also went to a dealer in Vancouver and found some nice folks, but they wanted a $2995 additional dealer markup (just like Beaverton) and they couldn't get a 4WD EX in the dealership (they called me back two weeks after I bought my 4WD GG EX and said they had a silver EX coming, but it wasn't 4WD--would I be interestd??).

You might try St. Johns Honda, the folks at Ron Tonkin in Gresham said that St. Johns was selling without a big markup too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tonkin has them for invoice, which is cheaper than Beaverton Honda who wants MSRP. We told Beaverton we'd go to Tonkin if they couldn't match and suddenly they were willing to deal. We also got beaverton to knock off the price of the "protection package" which is just built in profit anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts