Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm shopping for an E and am looking into a 2005 with 87000 km on for $8000. The owner says that it's AWD and that it does not have the sunroof. Do you guys know if this is even possible? From what I read on here I thought that if you got AWD you had no choice but to have the sunroof included.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lizzurd,
I was pretty sure of this. So something funny is going on. The owner lists the car as a 4x4 but when asked stated that there is no sunroof. Perhaps they think it is AWD, but it's not?
Rob

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks Lizzurd,
I was pretty sure of this. So something funny is going on. The owner lists the car as a 4x4 but when asked stated that there is no sunroof. Perhaps they think it is AWD, but it's not?
Rob
Could be either that or the owner is being a [email protected]$$ because the sunroof is in the rear and could be calling it a moonroof. The only E that has AWD that does not have a sunroof would be an 09+ model.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've asked for more pictures, hopefully there will be an angle that shows. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't mistaken about the connection between awd and moonroof. Not sure how to break it to the owner that it's not really awd.
Rob

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 2005 EX that I bought new. It has no sun roof and no AWD, but it does have 4 wheel drive stickers on the rear window from the factory. I too believe that all the AWD cars had a rear sun roof.

It may be that the car you are looking at has the stickers like mine does and the owner thinks it is an AWD car. There are no AWD controls or shift levers inside the car but all you have to do is stick your head under the rear end of the car and I think you will find that it is a 2 WD car. I'm not sure how many 2 WD cars came through with the 4 WD stickers but we know that at least mine did. I doubt that it is the only one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello 1st time user. 2005 lx no sunroof, but the vin # after YH is a 2, so can it be awd? Just wondering before I take a 40 minute road trip to look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello 1st time user. 2005 lx no sunroof, but the vin # after YH is a 2, so can it be awd? Just wondering before I take a 40 minute road trip to look.
Does the person selling it know the difference between a sun roof or moon roof? I believe Honda calls the rear window that's on the roof a moon roof because it does not fully open. Generally sun roofs can open completely (to let sunlight in) without being removed, while moon roofs only partially open to let air in.

Technically 2005 lx no sunroof is correct because Element's don't have have sun roofs unless you get one custom installed. Since the VIN has the YH2, it most likely is a AWD model and the trim level could of just been incorrect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All you have to do is look at the VIN (vehicle identification number).
The number after "YH" have the information
1 is FWD, 2 is AWD.
Thats great to know. I am looking at a high mileage w 1 owner and when that said ex...i said I thought t h e ex all had moon roof..which I want to balance no real rear windows.. He said that what title says but what do I know..lol nice guy.. Im torn interior fab..how he has 200000 mi and drivers seat intact I d like to know as I ve looked at a lor.lolPls keep my senior baby Lulu in your prayers. Like mama, she has been coughing so vet took an x-ray and found that her lungs is filled with liquid. It may be an infection or Congestive Heart Failure (like mama). She's been put under medication and is doing really well right now. I have started making her own food to avoid sodium (thanks Deana Turner for the tip) from turkey. I added oats, lamb quarters and turmeric.😊 Also, as a side note, my cat and i had the same meds for his allergies and my poison ivy, while mama and lulu are both on the same diuretic medication lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts