Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my element in for an oil change. Told dealer that i had some vibration coming from the front end when accelorating out of 1st and second gear (manual). Since then they have found that i had 2 broken motor mounts. Vibrations still present. Switched out Axle, no luck. Now they are saying it is transmission related. Anyone have this problem? Don't wanna get raped here. Wasn't even expecting to spend anything more than a tire rotation.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Fill out your profile when you get a chance so we will know where you are and what you have. It could be a chiped tooth in the gearbox but usually you will get a thumpung noise or popping noise under acceleration and it will go away when unloaded. Dumping the clutch and quick shifts will cause this.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do a drain and refill on your transmission then drive the car a few miles and repeat until you have done this three times. See if the problem is alleviated slightly. If there is a faint problem still present consider adding 12 ounces of lucas transmission treatment to the atf. Do not worry about overfilling.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
With no information,provided on type of transmission, 2WD or 4WD, we're going to be "spinning our wheels" trying to answer this.

RULE #1: PLEASE, FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE BEFORE ASKING TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved

finally got my E back today. Took 2 weeks. Long story short, Rear Differential problem. Clutch was 50% gone. Mechanic messed things up while in there and ended up with a new Clutch and 2 new axles for free. Was only charged 1700 bucks for 2 broken motor mounts and half the price for the rear differential due to good faith with honda service. Was very disappointed with the service time but very pleased with the outcome. Thanks for the replies. Updated my personal info. Sorry. First post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts