Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just lowered my element; and would like to see others...

2004 element
Spring Tech springs
^kit came with front and rear camber kit

please post your element and what its lowered on...:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I love seeing these vehicles lowered!

Also Billboard, you should continue that hood theme to the top of the Element.

·
Registered
117 Posts
These are some old pictures. Been too lazy to take new pictures cause my bike has my attention now. LOL! I feel like a traitor.... But I got Tein lowering springs with the SPC and Ingalls camber parts. Some bolt in the front and an arm in the rear. I also cut the rear spring to even out with the front cause the rear only dropped 2.1" and the front 2.4" or something pretty close to that. It bugged me so I chopped it.

(its got different tips now)

My favorite shot, but I'm a rookie at photoshoots.

This was my girlfriend's brother's Element. We bother had Tein springs, but he didnt have the camber kit and is tires were really worn down when he took this picture. So it looked like a bigger gap.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
just lowered my element; and would like to see others...

2004 element
Spring Tech springs
^kit came with front and rear camber kit

please post your element and what its lowered on...:)
"NICE DROP!!!"

Chief

·
Registered
40 Posts
These are some old pictures. Been too lazy to take new pictures cause my bike has my attention now. LOL! I feel like a traitor.... But I got Tein lowering springs with the SPC and Ingalls camber parts. Some bolt in the front and an arm in the rear. I also cut the rear spring to even out with the front cause the rear only dropped 2.1" and the front 2.4" or something pretty close to that. It bugged me so I chopped it.
QUOTE]

How much did you cut and did you cut the top or bottom of the spring?

·
Registered
117 Posts
QUOTE]

How much did you cut and did you cut the top or bottom of the spring?
one coil from the bottom. im really anal about cutting springs and stuff, but it really bothered me that the rear was higher then the front. then my friends convinced me it was ok and BAM! cut springs. ive seen my friends do it to civics all the time and a nissan 240sx, and i thought it was absolutely ghetto. but what can i say? i did it too :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
one coil from the bottom. im really anal about cutting springs and stuff, but it really bothered me that the rear was higher then the front. then my friends convinced me it was ok and BAM! cut springs. ive seen my friends do it to civics all the time and a nissan 240sx, and i thought it was absolutely ghetto. but what can i say? i did it too :oops:
It looks great!!!

Chief

·
Registered
478 Posts
bump**how was the ride afte rthe coil was cut martin?

·
Registered
117 Posts
bump**how was the ride afte rthe coil was cut martin?
well.. lets see what I truly have. I got stock shocks, 255/35-20zr tires, and cut the rear spring to match with the front. it is hella bumpy, super rough, people hate to ride in it, and its terrible on a full stomache.

but... i like the fact that people wont ask me for rides, we always take their cars to save me some gas, it looks better with the cut, and ive got use to the bumpy/rough ride and pretty much like it. plus im stuck with it anyways. my bike is rougher then this so no complaints anymore

·
Registered
478 Posts
i just cut 3/4 of a coil from the bottom of my stechs...stiffened it up a little bit in the rear..originally it was quite a bitz bouncier..i think 3/4 was a safer move..as it still dropped it .5-.75 and i still have a 2 finger gap...mind you this is with my subwoofers and rear seats still inside..gf says its better too.

also...basssplayer..is that the SC rear bumper?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Tein Basic Coil Overs with the Heavy Duty Rears (986lb. springs and HD valves), Suspension Techniques Anti-Sway Bars, and Skunk2 Lower Control Arms. 20X9.5" ( 2-piece forged) DPE'S sitting on 245X40X20" Toyo Proxes 4's

Chief

·
Registered
50 Posts
how do u fix the rear camber

hey, i just lowered my element, and i have horrible rear camber and one side is worse then the other, but how will i have to fix my rear camber, ive driven on them for two weeks and im showing bad wear.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts